Whats my cats colour pattern/breed

tevaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had my cat for about 2 years now, my buddy found her hiding underneath his grandmothers porch during a snowstorm when she was just a kitten. I've always wondered what she would be considered

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitty :heart3:

She has a fantasticly clear and well defined tabby pattern :nod:

Her color and pattern would be called a brown classic tabby and her breed would be classed as a domestic shorthair. :D

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Actually now after seeing the other pic you posted - I would say she is actually a TORBIE.
Which means she is both a tabby and tortie. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tevaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awesome! Thank you I was unsure because of the copper/red spots in her pattern and beige almost Leppard print on her tummy

tevaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
While I'm here my room mate has the grey cat, she seems like a different breed she has big thumb claws almost like 2 claws fused together would you know what she is?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Awesome! Thank you I was unsure because of the copper/red spots in her pattern and beige almost Leppard print on her tummy
Those red spots means she is a tortie ( tortoiseshell ) and because she has a tabby pattern too - this means she becomes a torbie ( tortie and tabby mixed together )

All tabby cats of any pattern have spotted bellies ;)

Love the pic of her with the dog :rbheart:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
While I'm here my room mate has the grey cat, she seems like a different breed she has big thumb claws almost like 2 claws fused together would you know what she is?
Also her color and pattern would be called a blue colorpoint. Colorpoint is the same pattern siamese cats have, darker points ( face, feet and tail ) with a lighter body color. She does have a siamese look to her so she could well be a siamese cross. ;)

tevaz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awesome! Thanks for all your feedback!