What's it like where you live?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gasp!! Gasp!!

Look at these incredible places!! I just want to come and visit you all!!

kittycatlover24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm from wisconsin and i absoultely love it here. The weather is gorgeous. and it's even more pretty during the winter. The rolling hills and mountains. If you visit wisconsin, you will love the smell of fresh cut hay and of course let's not forget the cows
. Amish is very famous here in wisconsin. I wouldn't move even if someone paid me to move

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittycatlover24

I'm from wisconsin and i absoultely love it here. The weather is gorgeous. and it's even more pretty during the winter. The rolling hills and mountains. If you visit wisconsin, you will love the smell of fresh cut hay and of course let's not forget the cows
. Amish is very famous here in wisconsin. I wouldn't move even if someone paid me to move
Where in WI??? I have friends and/or relatives in Madison, Milwaukee, Appleton, Neenah, Minoqua, Eau Claire and Steven's Point! I also spent a summer up in Egg Harbor and my dad is a diehard Packers fan (for which he gets made fun of in Chi-town) My parents actually met at Marquette (and now, to their dismay, their firstborn goes to DePaul...hehe!)

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would move away from Perth - but not forever. Australia is a very young country and as a result I feel that we don't necessarily have quite the age or depth of other places in the world. There isn't really much of a sense of history here, well, especially not in WA. Over east there is more but even still, nothing like anywhere in Europe or even the US - which is a young country, too, but still twice as old as Australia.

So I kind of feel like I live somewhere all new and shiny and nice, but not really all that interesting in terms of what has gone on here. It is still like a teenager, whereas some of these photos have such an ageless depth and quality it gives me goosebumps.

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These are pictures from where I live in Iowa. It's just a small, but beautiful town, with lots of open space!
We raise and show sheep, and this is my daughter with her show lambs

This is a veiw of my back yard, where we play golf alot

This is me repelling down the rocks at Back Bone state park

Another veiw of Back Bone

And this is the sunset across the feild down by the river, in back of my house

This is the "Old Mill" in the center of my town where I live

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Wow how cool! I'm going to ask him about that - maybe he knows more. That's very interesting news
Let me know if it turns out he knows about it! From what I read on the "History of Ormond Beach" page it seems that the name James Ormond was passed down to at least include a III! Anyway, like I said, keep me updated!

G

ghostuser

Hi!
Thanks!
Michigan is a beautiful state, but like Fwan said you wouldn't like living where it always snows in the winter. It's nasty lol.

Good Bye!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love everyone's pictures!

A few of you know I live in the Philippines. It's known for:
Beaches (Boracay)

Lots of places to dine and dance (Eastwood Commercial Center)

Bargain shopping (Greenhills Commercial Center)

Historical & cultural sites (Fort Santiago, Cultural Center of Philippines, American Cemetery)

Natural sites (Pagsanjan rapids, Taal volcano)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some from Muskegon, Michigan

This is Lake Michigan which is one of the Great Lakes. Just happens to be within walking distance of my house!

The Lighthouse you see out the end of the pier is what the next two photos are of. This was taken on one of the dunes just down from my house, I live closer to the pier.

This last photo is from the end of my street which is actuly Muskegon Lake. We are in the nook of Muskegon Lake and Lake Michigan!

There are also lots of Muskegon Images and info on mymuskegon.com

I just love where everyone else is from!

salem cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just have to add that all of you live in the most beautiful places, and I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures! What a great idea for a thread!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe I've done this thread a few times too. It's always interesting!

I live in the Wellington region of one of the worlds most beautiful countries, New Zealand.

A view of Wellington City

Wellington city at night

One of the cities beaches, Oriental Bay - see that boat there. That's Tugboat on the bay, Wellingtons only floating restaurant

More to come..

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and the suburb I live in is Whitby

the view from behind my house

Hope you liked them. I've really enjoyed looking at where everyone lives!

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here are some more pictures from Gloucester County:

This is Walter Reed's birthplace, he invented the cure for yellow fever. This is 3/10's of a mile from my parents house. I could walk here.

This is the moton center in Gloucester.

Roaring Springs Plantation house is also in Gloucester.

This is Long Bridge Ordinary, another house built in 1667.

This is Warner hall, another house built in 1642.

This is the jail house erected in 1873. The original was burned down by Federal Troops during the Civil War.

This is Powhatans Chimney...it is believed that Pochahontas lived here.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Sam Oriental Bay looks EXACTLY like Manly in Sydney!! Have you been there?