What's happened with Revolution/selamectin prices???

david68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last year, I stocked up on Revolution when my vet had some sales, and they just sent me a reminder to restock.

The price appears to have skyrocketed since last year. Is it related to the craze for ivermectin and people buying it up as a supposed COVID treatment?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Doubt there is any correlation, but who knows for sure. Revolution isn't the only flea treatment that has been going up in price. Some places have been showing new prices for some of these treatments for a while now, but then displaying a discounted amount that goes back down to where it once was. I would guess they are just getting people used to the idea of a higher price down the road. You might want to check around for places that may be offering a lower price. A vet's office isn't always the best place to buy flea treatments.

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It seems to me everything is going up since the pandemic started. Literally everything. Lumber, bicycles, flea treatments, you name it. A can of Fancy Feast at my local Walmart has gone up 12 cents in just a few months. That is a very significant increase.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

david68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Doubt there is any correlation, but who knows for sure. Revolution isn't the only flea treatment that has been going up in price. Some places have been showing new prices for some of these treatments for a while now, but then displaying a discounted amount that goes back down to where it once was. I would guess they are just getting people used to the idea of a higher price down the road. You might want to check around for places that may be offering a lower price. A vet's office isn't always the best place to buy flea treatments.
As I recall, last year the pharmacy the vet is connected to was offering 20% off deals on Revolution, which is when I stocked up. Maybe they were offering low prices to get us established as customers.

I think I may approach someone I know with a large dog to see if they can buy Revolution for me in a large dog dose and split it for cats. I know how to do the dosage math.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might check out the Pet Shed online.That's where I get mine and it's so much cheaper than the vet!