What's going on with Zoe?! Diarrhea

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So since late Saturday night, Zoe has been having diarrhea. It started out just as squirts, but its still continuing. 99% sure it's just her, though there is a slight possibility Lily does too. I haven't watched them both all day. But I know Zoe does, I've seen her go into the litter box and go a few times. I am so worried! And to answer the questions of how she's acting, she's playing normally, eating fine, and drinking like its not bothering her. Lily is a little on the cranky side, but I think she is constipated again. What can I do to help Zoe? With Lily, I can give her pumpkin, by just sticking it in her mouth, but that won't work with Zoe. Zoe would fight and scream if I tried anything like that with her and no pumpkin would make it in her mouth.
Only thing that has been different, I fed them a different brand- saturday night I gave them Tiki cat Tuna & oceanfish and pumpkin. They both ate it fine. Then shortly after Zoe's diarrhea started. Lily doesn't seem to be affected by it.
I really don't have a lot of money, but If I have to take her to the vet, I will. And possibly Lily too, but anyone that's read my posts, know that constipation is a regular battle with her, and honestly can't tell if she's had any diarrhea, or if its all Zoe. I thought about maybe some rice but once again, won't eat it, and i can't just stick it in her mouth, she's no where near as docile as Lily, who pretty much lets me do the things I need to do with her. Zoe would bite scream and squirm away.

Srwheeler

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could just be the new food you introduced. Give it a couple days. If it doesn’t stop, take a poop sample to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
*IMPORTANT UPDATE*
I just confirmed, Lily has diarrhea also. Just followed Lily when she went into potty, and she's got the runs also. What is going on with them??

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the food went bad before it expired (maybe they kept it in a too hot room at the store or during the transportation?) Although if the diarrhea started too shortly after it can't be the new food as it would take time for the food to go down anyway, no? Out of the other common options I can think of I guess worms wouldn't be very likely either since both of them got diarrhea in a short time. It's probably some sort of bacteria then. Do you think anything might have changed with what they interact with? Something in the water? A mouse got in their dry food?...

Personally, considering the budget is limited, I would go back to the old food, go to the vet clinic sans cats to buy a few Fortiflora if they sell individual cases. Do you have a multivitamin at home? That might help them too. If there is no improvement in the next two days or if they get worse, then I would take them to the clinic to run tests.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So this morning the litter box looked like a war zone. I couldn't tell who's diarrhea was who's, Lilys had been bigger splatters, less often but bigger. Zoes were several little squirts. If it weren't for the diarrhea I wouldn't think anything was wrong. I slept in today bc I'm off work and mom said they ate breakfast just fine, and Zoe is running around playing, Lily is being her normal self asking for treats or watching what I'm doing or hanging out in her cube. Both had their drinks from the faucet. I think I'm gonna ride to the vet and just ask what they think.