What's going on with me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted about all the food and coffee drinks I had in the coffee thread and dinner thread. You guys can just click on my profile to read those. My friend's roommate cooked for us on Sunday Morning and I cooked with my brother on Sunday Night.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry you had to deal with a rude person. It's always a reflection on them; never you!

I thought of you the other day because we stopped at an Italian Market that's normally out of my way. They have AMAZING subs full of veggies. I've never tried the meat-free ones but I enjoy the other stuff so much I think I could eat one without missing the meat. It's just it's Italian meats and they DO taste really really good. :drool: They also turn their subs into salads if you are low-carb. I think thats brilliant!!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't have any lunch dates for a few days, so that's good for me to learn to stay home and save money. I have therapy tomorrow and will probably get a cappuccino or latte. Might go grocery shopping and get takeout for dinner too. I have so many calzone places to try, but nobody wants to go to those. They always end up picking the restaurant lately. I need to cross my calzone places off my list! Guess I will have to get takeout by myself!

I have a lunch date on Friday with an old friend from mom's church. We will probably get a latte, since she and her daughter like coffee too.

Saturday or Sunday my friend's roommate is cooking for us again. She said I can try her K-cup machine to see if I like it. My other friend said I can stop by to try her machine too. Hope they have some interesting coffees! Or I could just buy some at Dollar General. They have vanilla cappuccino and Espresso K-cups.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It took me 3 trips to scope out all the stores in town. They all took my foods stamps card except for TJMaxx, Ollie's, and Runnings.
20 items were $87 at Price Chopper and 20 items were $81 at Walmart. So Walmart is a little cheaper. Just mostly got snack food at Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Kinney Drugs. Got Vanilla Latte and Ginger Peaches at Aldi. Got Expresso flavored Maple Syrup at Ollie's, vanilla cinnamon bun cappuccino, spicy crackers and chips, a bunch of vegetarian shelf stable meals, vegetarian worchestershire, at least it looked vegetarian, it didn't list anchovies. Got a bunch of vegetarian meats at Walmart and Price Chopper. I want to go back for the brussels sprouts pizza! It was $8 though! Got lost on the Indian Reservation last night. Turned left instead of right and didn't get home until 7pm. Got a fried calzone and 2 cappuccinos out there.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a new doctor since mine moved away. It's in the same building, a young blonde lady that just had a baby. My friend likes her. I have my meds appointment April 3rd, but they emailed me to say it would be over the phone. That's weird, I never did that before. It's not working out here with dad, so my brother will probably try to sell the house and move us to town. Dad is just as bad as my mom, yells at me for using the washer, dryer, vacuum, dishes, washing litterboxes and poop buckets, using paper towels, toilet paper, throwing anything away or recycling. I just want to live my own life and be happy, be able to use the appliances and keep my environment clean without being yelled at.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a new doctor since mine moved away. It's in the same building, a young blonde lady that just had a baby. My friend likes her. I have my meds appointment April 3rd, but they emailed me to say it would be over the phone. That's weird, I never did that before. It's not working out here with dad, so my brother will probably try to sell the house and move us to town. Dad is just as bad as my mom, yells at me for using the washer, dryer, vacuum, dishes, washing litterboxes and poop buckets, using paper towels, toilet paper, throwing anything away or recycling. I just want to live my own life and be happy, be able to use the appliances and keep my environment clean without being yelled at.
Sorry to hear that... Sounds as if you both need your own places... but.. talk to you therapist and your brother about that.

As far as telemedicine appointments. They do come in handy.. but cannot compare to a full physical exam. It could be a quick added on appointment with a in-person visit to happen soon. Telemedicine appointments came into play when Covid hit.
Make sure your Dad is not near you, to hear the conversation.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure your Dad is not near you, to hear the conversation.
Why not? She's just prescribing me meds for the OCD & Anxiety I think. Dad's pretty deaf and won't wear a hearing aid. But he's not really the type to try to listen to my conversations anyway. I've never met this doctor, that's why I'm surprised it's over the phone, for something so important. When I went in person, a nurse just weighed me and asked me a bunch of questions.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I guess you can't wash pillows in the washing machine??!! The machine banged so hard, it moved across the room!!! I tried to move it back, but it's too heavy. Lucky I didn't break it. I hope I didn't hurt it. How do you wash pillows then?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The washing machine "walked" because the heavy, wet pillows unbalanced the load. Open it up and put the pillows on the opposite sides of the drum, and turn it back on. This won't help if you have already stopped the cycle. Generally speaking, it's not necessary to wash pillows. There are pillow case covers you put on the pillows before you put on regular pillow cases. See Pillow case covers In the future, you can just wash the covers instead of the whole pillow.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you wash 2 or 3 pillows together, they'll balance each other out (if it does go off balance just open it and fix them so they're balanced). But you can't wash just one because there's nothing to balance it.

Also, most pillows are cheap, so just toss them and get a new one! Unless you have a special pillow you don't want to toss.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother left the side door unlocked that hasn't been used in 30 years, to bring remodeling supplies in. That strong wind this morning must have blown it open when I was in the shower! I haven't seen Demi since 5:20am. I hope he comes back, but I doubt it, once he gets a taste of freedom again. He is my whole world! It's not fair!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't seen Demi since 5:20am. I hope he comes back, but I doubt it, once he gets a taste of freedom again. He is my whole world! It's not fair!!!
Oh no, I can't believe he's gone but will pray he comes home to you and is not in danger. 🙏🙏🙏
I thought this Article would give you some helpful tips and advice about finding Demi: Help! My Cat Is Lost! - TheCatSite
Sending good vibes that you find your sweet boy. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He won't come back. He loves the outdoors too much and he has begged to be let back out every single day for the 8 years he has been an indoor only cat. He never forgot. He knows if he comes back, he will be locked up. We will never catch him. He won't come back for food, he's a hunter. He loves other animals and he won't be careful around them. There are tons of coyotes and cars, big trucks. That's why I insisted my brother watch that side door. I begged him to be careful.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He loves you, I bet he'll show up again. If you can do it so other critters can't get it such as up off the ground but still within jumping reach of Demi, put out some really stinky food, even Kentucky fried chicken, mackerel etc.
He won't come back for food. He loves the outdoors more than anything. This is his chance, he will take it, and never come back.