What's for (your cat's) dinner??

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a great idea for a thread! And can I say it is so great to see the lack of judgement over what everyone feeds.

So the store in my area has no quality kitten food at the moment, so Alfie is getting Fussy Cat grain free pate with duck:
20210608_155345.jpg

Stanley is having Science Diet Tender Chicken Dinner:
20210608_155357.jpg

And for dessert, Fancy Feast Petit Cuisine with grilled Turkey, for the boys to share.
20210608_155427.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie left some of yesterday's dinner for later but when later came, Boone had already eaten hers. :ohwell: So I gave Gracie some Weruva Cat To The Future (chicken + salmon). Boone got a tiny bit just to make sure he'd let Gracie eat but for obvious reasons, he wasn't interested.

Breakast today is Weruva Press Your Lunch (chicken).

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
JulietteTruong JulietteTruong
The Bozita is decent food but chunks in gravy so not perfect. There Is one Swedish company that does pates in tetra packs but only two flavors available here. I like to feed my guys pate or mousse type more often. Though, my one kitty is in heaven over gravy, so he gets it once in awhile. He does eat the chunks (after he finishes licking the gravy 🙂).

Norachan Norachan
I have seen the Ciao foods but never tried them. I think your post has tempted me to pick up one or two. In the descriptions I have read online about them, a lot have bonito flakes which I guess is a built in topper?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
In the descriptions I have read online about them, a lot have bonito flakes which I guess is a built in topper
I think it's mixed in with the rest of the ingredients as they don't look like they have a topper. My cats really like them and they always smell pretty good. Even to me, a life-long vegetarian.

:lol:

The only flavour they didn't like was one that had cheese in it. I forget what it was called, it came in a yellow can though. Every other flavour they've loved and licked their bowls clean.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weruva Meowiss Bueller (chicken + lamb). Gracie learned from yesterday and ate immediately.

By the way, I think it's pretty cool to see all the brands you guys feed across the country and around the world. Lots I have never heard of before.
20210608_161339.jpg

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dinners here are dry but I pulled out tomorrow's breakfast: Nutro Beef Pate for kitties and Evolve Turkey and Rice for pup.

corvidae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dinner for everyone is always Dr. Elsey’s CleanProtein kibble in chicken! This morning’s breakfast was Nulo Freestyle pate for the boys; duck and tuna flavour for Jem and salmon and mackerel for Merle. Our picky girl Mindy is staunchly anti pate, so she got Simply Nourish tuna morsels in broth.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast...
Weruva Love Connection (chicken + salmon)

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner..

BFF Topsy Turvy (chicken +turkey)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Nugget is having the usual PureVita turkey entree!

View attachment 383438
Yay! Another Pure Vita Turkey Entree cat lover. :yess: I have tried numerous wet foods to try and switch Carleton over from dry and this one was the winner.👍 I only give him a little dry as a snack since I couldn't deprive him completely - he looks longingly at his bowl for a little dry before bed so he gets Fromm Game Bird Recipe. Great thread klunick klunick

MeowHiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tonight, Kiki is getting nulo salmon and turkey minced, with a puree topper mixed with water. She loves the soup texture, so I get away with adding a good amount of water.

Mrsty1203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Us humans have a dinner thread so why not the cats? I mean, this IS a cat forum after all. Besides there are always tons of people asking each other what foods they feed and/or recommend so now we can see what the answer is without asking the question.

Last night's dinner was Weruva Meal of Fortune (Chicken w/ chicken liver). Boone ate his quick but Gracie saved half of hers for later which honestly doesn't happen much nowadays. Both are usually clean bowlers soon after being fed.
View attachment 383344

Today's breakfast was Weruva The Slice Is Right (Wild caught salmon). This is the only time they get straight fish each week. Normally it's chicken + another protein. It was gone in less than five minutes.
View attachment 383345
I’m trying to get my cat on better quality food. Something she’ll like. Plus she has lots of issues. Just adopted this 4 year old, Stella, from a rescue group in January. Unfortunately, she came to us with a bad case of worms and some horrible diarrhea with blood occasionally. So one step at a time we’ve figured things out. She’s doing much better now but…. No chicken - there is at least a food intolerance with that. At the foster mother’s she was being fed the cheapest crappiest food that could be purchased. It’s been such a trial and error, right now she is eating Purina Sensitive Stomach duck (a pate which she only will pick at) and Nourish Natural Solutions Digestion recipe, turkey. This is a chunky with gravy she sort of eats. She eats Fancy Feast gravy lovers turkey or whitefish. Sometimes I give her Fancy Feast appetizer fish that she loves. Of course she can’t live on those. I’ve tried several well known quality brands but can’t seem to find something right. She seems to not enjoy pate and it seems she doesn’t like rabbit. She likes duck but it is either all pate or chunks mixed with chicken. There is chicken of some sort in so many foods we have to avoid. She’s on Natural Balance LID duck and pea dry food. Any other suggestions? I bought Stella and Chewy’s Freeze Dried raw turkey the other day. Not sure what to do with it, break it up and put it on other food? Add water to rehydrate? Feed it dry? I would love to get her off Fancy Feast and dry food altogether, but can’t do that unless I have something that she’ll eat well and consistently. I’ve been spending a small fortune on cat food that I keep throwing away.