What's for Lunch?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back story - Two neighbors we met recently are coming for lunch on Sunday. Very pleasant people. This is turn about - they had us for over for lunch a couple of weeks ago. When he emailed to say they'd love to come he mentioned that they are going for a long bike ride in the afternoon. O.K., I suggested they could come at 11:00 a.m. and we'll call it brunch.

Complication - he's a vegetarian and doesn't like mushrooms. There goes my crepes with wild mushrooms.

Also, on Saturday - the day before - I'm going on a garden tour of 6 private gardens in / around Doylestown PA, with a focus on native plants.

So suggestions for something relatively simple and quick would be appreciated. I'm toggling between blueberry pancakes OR frittata (one with mushrooms, one not) for hot food OR instead have several cold salad things that I could easily do the evening before: three bean salad, cold lentils with roasted beets and hard boiled eggs, shreded carrot and raisin salad.

What say you all?

frankieloothy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think if there is a long bike ride following the brunch then something filling and hearty could be good so my vote is for the frittatas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O.K. It will be a fritatta, with potatoes, onion, asparagus, maybe some of the little tomatoes I dehydrated last year and packed in oil. Some cheddar cheese. Foraged mushrooms from freezer in a separate dish so those who want can spoon some on their serving of fritatta. Salsa verde ditto.

Dessert will be butterscotch pudding (make it tonight or tomorrow evening) in wine glasses, with bowls of sliced bananas and sliced local strawberries to ladle on pudding, strawberry coulis (from the freezer) to top it off.