What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those stuffed chicken breasts sound so good. The sundried tomato one sounds really good and I may have to make that once I'm not pregnant. I love brie but my husband doesn't so I don't think the third one would go over too well here.

Tonight, we are having homemade beef stroganoff.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dinner turned out really bad. I always add a bit of cream to thin it out and the cream I had went bad. It wasn't expired and it smelled fine so I assumed it was fine. I was definitely wrong, it was not good at all. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My dinner turned out really bad. I always add a bit of cream to thin it out and the cream I had went bad. It wasn't expired and it smelled fine so I assumed it was fine. I was definitely wrong, it was not good at all. 

Oh no Mrs.B That's so terrible. All your work ruined. When I was 8 months pregnant with my first child I spent what felt like hours making chicken pies. I was leant over my stove with puffy feet and aching legs and a blow fly flew right into the mixture I was stirring and immediately layed maggots. I just cried.

Its easy dinner Friday tonight. We are having what we call "boxed Fish" Its beer battered fish fillets from the freezer section of the supermarket. It comes in a box. I'm having mine with pumpkin, green beans and broccoli and the rest of the family will have oven French fries.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mrs. B, that's horrid for you. I"m so sorry about that cream and that it ruined your dinner.  

Dear lord, Tammat, I'd have cried, too. 

I think I shall have a toasted cheese sandwich tonight for dinner. Still really want pizza though (maybe I should add some Italian seasoning to my nonstick spray in the saute pan 
)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no Mrs.B That's so terrible. All your work ruined. When I was 8 months pregnant with my first child I spent what felt like hours making chicken pies. I was leant over my stove with puffy feet and aching legs and a blow fly flew right into the mixture I was stirring and immediately layed maggots. I just cried.
OMG! :barf: That would be enough to put you off chicken pies for life!

Yesterday we had tenderloin steak with roast veges. Tonight will be leftover veges, and I think I'll fry up some chicken fillets that were on sale.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awful. I've never been 8 months pregnant (my daughter was born at 7 months), but I have heard from many friends how uncomfortable it is the last while. Spending all that time cooking just to have it ruined....I'd cry too.

Mrs. B, that's horrid for you. I"m so sorry about that cream and that it ruined your dinner.  
It was so bad. I am just glad none of us seem to be sick from it. I won't be making beef stroganoff for a long, LONG time.

I have no idea what is for dinner tonight.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds just awful. I would have lost my chicken pie appetite immediately! 
And Mrs. B, I'm sorry about the cream - at least no one's sick from it. 

Tonight - mac and cheese.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ok, I'm a bit :nausea: now!!!

It will be Littlenecks here tonight.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Mrs.B That's so terrible. All your work ruined. When I was 8 months pregnant with my first child I spent what
felt like hours making chicken pies. I was leant over my stove with puffy feet and aching legs and a blow fly flew right into the mixture I was stirring and immediately layed maggots. I just cried
Its easy dinner Friday tonight. We are having what we call "boxed Fish" Its beer battered fish fillets from the freezer section of the supermarket. It comes in a

box. I'm having mine with pumpkin, green beans and broccoli and the rest of the family will have oven French fries.
I think I'd have vomited. I can't look at maggots.
The fish sounds nice.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dinner turned out really bad. I always add a bit of cream to thin it out and the cream I had
went bad. It wasn't expired and it smelled fine so I assumed it was fine. I was definitely wrong, it was not good at all. 
That's so sad. Such a waste. I would have cried especially if I was pregnant. Those wretched hormones.
What did you have instead?

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sad. Such a waste. I would have cried especially if I was pregnant. Those wretched hormones.
What did you have instead?
I ended up having McDonalds, which I should not have ate. I am not eating there anymore until at least after the baby is born because it makes me sick.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up having McDonalds, which I should not have ate. I am not eating there anymore until at least after the baby is born because it makes me sick.
That's awful. I've never been 8 months pregnant (my daughter was born at 7
months), but I have heard from many friends how uncomfortable it is the last while. Spending all that time cooking just to have it ruined....I'd cry too
It was so bad. I am just glad none of us seem to be sick from it. I won't be making beef stroganoff for a long, LONG time.
I have no idea what is for dinner tonight.
If, and I say if, I go to McDonald's I always have grilled chicken. Never a burger. Our McDonald's is disgusting.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toasted brown roll with butter and camember on one side and a stick of celery and butter peanut butter and apricot jam on the other side.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what's for dinner tonight... but I have had crab stuffed chicken when I went out with dinner with my friends in January. It was really good and had cream cheese in it. I really enjoyed that.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a new restaurant here and we wanted to check it out tonight. I wish we hadn't, it was awful. I ordered the quarter chicken special (supposed to be chicken, veggies and potato). The waiter didn't know what kind of potatoes they had but I ended up with a baked potato which was fine. The vegetables tasted like alcohol and I ended up getting chicken and ribs covered in a gross BBQ sauce which is not what I ordered. They didn't have a high chair so my 18 month old had to sit in the booth beside me. She's a very curious, very active child and she would not sit still. It was not a good experience, and I will not be going back there. I asked on their Facebook page ahead of time if it was a restaurant I could bring my 18 month old to and they said it's a family style restaurant. It wasn't....at all. 

We should have stuck with our usual Friday night dinner place. The food is half the price, twice the portion and very fast.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having beef eye fillet, mushrooms, asparagus and sweet potato.

@Stewball  I'm not a fan of McDonalds either but its still around so I guess other people love it. I do like the coffee though.

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
McDonalds is basically everywhere worldwide in the USA and other countries. I am not a big fan either but we have it sometimes if we need a quick meal traveling or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.