What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fresh bread is so wonderful! I'm jealous!

I had veggie soft tacos for dinner, but I'm hungry again so I'm having a salad.

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unhealthy pasta. The pasta itself is wholegrain, but the way I make it, with chorizo, mushrooms, bellpeppers and parmesan and extremely spicy makes it a calorie bomb.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are having the fish tonight that we didn't have last night. 

We went down to the mall last night and while we were there, Rick said he really wanted something from Subway. So I got a small sweet onion chicken teriyaki sandwich. To keep it down below 400 calories, I had regular wheat bread, no cheese and no sweet onion sauce. Just lots of lettuce, a few tomatoes, and two pickle slices. That kept it down to a dull roar.

I told him that we have to have the fish tonight.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moroccan roast chicken with a fresh salad and I think I better make some roast potatoes for the rest of the family.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I must disappoint you. They were frozen but still tasty.
Frozen or homemade I still love them. Most of the time I eat frozen, but my husband can make pretty tasty homemade ones.

Made some chicken boudine casserole using lunch leftovers. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frozen or homemade I still love them. Most of the time I eat frozen, but my husband can make pretty tasty homemade ones.:D
Made some chicken boudine casserole using lunch leftovers. 
My daughter makes smashing schnitzels. I can't be bothered. I used to when they both still lived at home.
I'm not American so I don't know what you were making with the chicken
What was it?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're having chili tonight with Vermont cornbread....it's made with maple syrup. I got a container out of the freezer last night and put it in the fridge.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I really don't know.... I had thawed some Portuguese stew from the freezer yesterday and there is still a fair amount of that left. I also have fixings to make chicken fajita salads and guacamole. I also could make pizza. I'll have to ask Aaron what he is in the mood for.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got an "overnight" egg and sausage bake resting in the refrigerator.  I've added spinach and diced tomato to beef it up.  It won't quite get the minimum "rest" time of 8 hours; but I can't see how that will hurt the flavors or anything.  I haven't decided if I will make pancakes and another fruit/veggie side with it.  I wish melons were in season!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moroccan roast chicken with a fresh salad and I think I better make some roast potatoes for the rest of the family.
I love roast potatoes. Have you ever made them with goose fat? I haven't but I'd love to taste them.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got an "overnight" egg and sausage bake resting in the refrigerator.  I've added spinach and diced tomato to beef it up.  It won't quite get the minimum "rest" time of 8 hours; but I can't see how that will hurt the flavors or anything.  I haven't decided if I will make pancakes and another fruit/veggie side with it.  I wish melons were in season!
Using our leftover roasted chicken we made sandwiches with chicken, baby lettuce, tomatoe.
Yumm
Served with chips and pickles.
Mooch got a recipe for the overnight bake?

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My daughter makes smashing schnitzels. I can't be bothered. I used to when they both still lived at home.
I'm not American so I don't know what you were making with the chicken
What was it?
It's a casserole containing egg noodles, some cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, chicken (of course
), grated sharp cheese, slivered onions, chopped pimentos, and sliced mushrooms. Very tasty. 

Tonight we're planning on making some spaghetti. If I have time, I'm making a strawberry cheesecake for tomorrow's guests. 

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A salad with leftover roast chicken from last night, salad greens, snow peas, roast asparagus, toasted almonds and I've got some mini tomatoes slow roasting in the often which will go in too. It's only me eating it so if it's horrible I won't mind!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dear lord, but I love slow-roasted tomatoes. So good! That's a good dinner.

We are having the last of the split pea soup tonight....got it out of the freezer last night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We ended up with the chicken fajita salads and guacamole last night and will be having it again tonight. I'll make fresh guacamole later.

Status
Not open for further replies.