What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll be making a simple salad of just romaine lettuce with lots of tomatoes, dressed in Annie's Goddess Dressing (I think I will top it off with a handful of roasted peanuts, why not?  it sounds good, I will try it)  - with lots of toast w/margarine on the side.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mac and cheese in the pressure cooker. With four cheeses. And a bit of zucchini slaw as a side.

When we were at Trader Joe's the other day, I bought some low-fat Jarlsberg, some extra-sharp Canadian cheddar, and some smoked Gouda. Rick stopped at our local (literally right down the road from us) cheese maker yesterday on his way home from work to pick up a small wheel of baby Swiss. He handed the Swiss to me and said, "Mac and cheese tomorrow? Please?"
 Now, how do you refuse a request like that?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick needs a hair cut, so we're going down to the mall tonight. We'll probably each grab a slice of hoagie pizza for dinner (hoagie pizza is a slice of pizza with lettuce, chopped onions, a little bit of chopped ham, and lots of tomatoes....it's really quite good and I make it like that at home often).

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have some boneless chicken breasts marinating in a buffalo sauce. I'll make up a big garden salad and maybe some cucumber salad. We are overrun with cucumbers from the garden.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure. Rick took today off work, so he could go down to babysit with the grandchildren for the day....he gets much more vacation time than I do. I couldn't go as I have a meeting right after work today that I cannot miss. He's having dinner down there, so he doesn't have to deal with work traffic during the rush hour in the city (that gets crazy at night). I don't expect him home until 8:00 or so, if that.

And I won't get home until after 6:00 tonight, so maybe just a grilled ham sandwich or something like that.

We really need to grab a few groceries. There's no milk or eggs or anything much in the house, other than what's in the freezer....and I don't feel like dealing with the freezer tonight.

3dstamper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had company yesterday for supper and I cooked all day...Roast beef, potatoes & carrots with sweet corn, baked beans ,macaroni salad and homemade bread.

Cinnamon apple pie for dessert....so tonight NO COOKING! We`re having LEFTOVERS!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had company yesterday for supper and I cooked all day...Roast beef, potatoes & carrots with sweet corn, baked beans ,macaroni salad and homemade bread.

Cinnamon apple pie for dessert....so tonight NO COOKING! We`re having LEFTOVERS!!!
With leftovers like that, I'd go for them, too! Yum!

Grilled maple pork chops with a salad. Rick and I may split a baked potato.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
With leftovers like that, I'd go for them, too! Yum!

Grilled maple pork chops with a salad. Rick and I may split a baked potato.
Turns out we did not do the chops last night. They weren't completely thawed for one thing. And while we were at the mall, Rick suggested that we grab a slice of hoagie pizza (it's just pizza with lettuce, red onion slices, chopped tomatoes, a few bits of ham and some parmesan....but it's quite good). He had two slices and I had one. It's hard for me to say no to pizza. So that was our dinner.

So we need to do the pork tonight. But instead of keeping the pork as chops, I'm going to slice the chops and we're going to kabob them with some grape tomatoes, some green peppers, a red pepper, some mushrooms, and a small quartered onion (and I think there's a small can of pineapple chunks in the pantry). Throw the kabobs on the grill with a glaze. Wrap everything into tortillas and call them grilled pork fajitas. And have them with a bit of Trader Joe's rice blend. Works for me.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I finally got 3 pounds of tomatoes from the garden, so yesterday I roasted them for sauce. I thawed some turkey meatballs and we'll have them with miracle noodles.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cajun Chicken Pasta - it's a lighter dish with penne pasta, onion, garlic, tomatoes, half-and-half, and grilled chicken seasoned with Cajun spices.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds delicious, Pam!

I still have so e sauce left, so tonight will be a repeat of last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.