What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salad with lettuce and radishes from our garden, baked boneless, skinless chicken, boiled veggie -swiss chard and baby bok choy from our garden, slice of gluten-free red velvet cake.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Something with zucchini (need to go to allrecipes.com for some inspiration this morning).

Well, after perusing my food board and allrecipes.com for ideas, this is what I've come up with for now:

Zucchini Pie

Tomato Squash Dish

Grandma's Zucchini Parmesan (can make several pans up and freeze them....which is a good thing)

Zucchini Soufflé

Stuffed Zucchini with Chicken Sausage

I have the ingredients for all of the recipes, so we'll see what strikes my fancy when I get home tonight.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Stuffed Zucchini sounds good! My zucchini are not doing well right now. :dk:

WE are having corn and blueberry salad. I am going to cook up some chicken breast, dice it, and mix it in.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something with zucchini (need to go to allrecipes.com for some inspiration this morning).

Well, after perusing my food board and allrecipes.com for ideas, this is what I've come up with for now:

Zucchini Pie
Tomato Squash Dish
Grandma's Zucchini Parmesan (can make several pans up and freeze them....which is a good thing)
Zucchini Soufflé
Stuffed Zucchini with Chicken Sausage
OMG - how I love zucchini and squash anything!!!!!! My all-time favorite vegetable. Thanks for the link for those recipes! Something to add to my "TO-DO" list. ;)

Spinach and Mozzarella Ravioli, side salad and garlic bread. :yummy:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Making some boneless country ribs with a sugar-free dry rub, big salad, maybe homegrown zucchini (just boiled, nothing exciting).  Not sure what I'll do for dessert - maybe a single serve ice cream.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight it's going to be a big salad, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, turkey, muenster cheese, olives (feta cheese for me- Paul doesn't like feta). Some chicken salad on the side. Olive Garden dressing on the salad.

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The old Jared diet-- a Subway turkey breast sand. Anybody seen Jared lately?  

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had the Zucchini Pie last night for dinner.....it was ok, nothing exciting. A little bland, even with everything that I added to it. Our son was here for dinner, though (he had come up to get Maggie) and he thought it was really good. Rick took the last piece in his lunch today.

Tonight we will split a chicken breast. Rick will grill the breast pieces and we'll have them with a bit of lettuce and tomato in a sandwich. With some zucchini slaw as a side. And I took some baked beans out of the freezer for Rick (he's starting to get a little tired of zucchini).

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had chicken, potato wedges and macaroni salad. Don't get too excited the potato wedges and macaroni salad were from Albertson's deli but really good!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tequila-lime grilled shrimp over a bed of rice pilaf. I have half a bag of sugar peas in the freezer that I'm going to make, too. And there are two slices of pineapple left that Rick can throw onto the grill when he does the shrimp.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good question. :lol3:

I ahve string beans and cucumbers in the fridge from the garden that should be used, so I'll probably make up some kind of cucumber salad. With that maybe salmon for Aaron and shrimp for me?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We have gift certificates to Chili's, to Panera, to the Macaroni Grill, and to Longhorn (that's pretty much what people buy us for Christmas....they always say that we don't eat out often enough). 

Any one of the above will do.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Ditto here with the salad! We definitely have to use some things up. I took some turkey tips out of the freezer and hopefully they will thaw by dinner time.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Minestrone... really thick  (it's Winter here, after all)...

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Minestrone... really thick  (it's Winter here, after all)...
HA - I keep forgetting about that! But, I will tell ya - Minestrone Soup will do anytime of the year for us! :yummy:

--------------------------------------

Teriyaki Chicken with ginger sauce, rice and French style green beans. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have gift certificates to Chili's, to Panera, to the Macaroni Grill, and to Longhorn (that's pretty much what people buy us for Christmas....they always say that we don't eat out often enough). 

Any one of the above will do.
Perfect gift for you, Pam! I love Macaroni Grill and we will go on a special occasion once in awhile.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I need a quick meal tonight, so it will be egg beaters, chicken sausage and English muffin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.