What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had a salad of romaine, turkey sausage, granny smith apple, goat cheese and walnuts. I sprinkled cranberry pear white balsamic on it.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm yum. I'm so hungry right now. It's not a good time to read this thread! I've made an egg and bacon pie and need to whip up a salad to go with it. Your salad sounds awesome AbbysMom.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds delicious, Karen! I love reading about your salads....they always sound so good!

I don't know about dinner yet. I have a hair appt right after work so it will be late. Rick doesn't want to wait that long for dinner, so I told him to forage in the freezer. I may just throw together a salad when I get home....but it won't be as yummy as Karen's!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tandoori chicken pizza on pita bread base. Banoffie pie for dessert- yep couldn't wait any longer to try it. I'm about to do 75 mins of exercise just so I can eat the pie!!!! (One sliver- it better be good)

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some split pea soup and rye bread. Ate it so fast. Don't know why. Plus I usually eat way more. Guess it's good to eat light sometimes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh heavens, Tammat....I want some pie!
 That pizza sounds good, too. So does the split pea soup, c1atsite......Rick just had some split pea soup the other night.

Well, I have three zucchini in the fridge, so dinner tonight is zucchini pasta sauce (fresh zucchini and tomatoes with lots of onions and garlic) over linguine. That will be our second meatless meal this week.

Rick told me this morning that he is anxiously awaiting tonight's dinner with bated breath.....sarcasm does not become him.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That sounds delicious, Karen! I love reading about your salads....they always sound so good!

I don't know about dinner yet. I have a hair appt right after work so it will be late. Rick doesn't want to wait that long for dinner, so I told him to forage in the freezer. I may just throw together a salad when I get home....but it won't be as yummy as Karen's!
I've been putting in a lot of googling time trying to come up with inventive salad ideas. :lol3: I've also been trying to be better about using up odds and ends in the refrigerator, so they do get a bit creative. Aaron and I both seem to do well with out weight by having these salads, so we will continue

Tandoori chicken pizza on pita bread base. Banoffie pie for dessert- yep couldn't wait any longer to try it. I'm about to do 75 mins of exercise just so I can eat the pie!!!! (One sliver- it better be good)
That pizza sounds delicious!

Some split pea soup and rye bread. Ate it so fast. Don't know why. Plus I usually eat way more. Guess it's good to eat light sometimes
The thought of rye bread is making me drool!

Rick told me this morning that he is anxiously awaiting tonight's dinner with bated breath.....sarcasm does not become him.
:lol3::lol3::lol3:

We had a lot of kale in the garden ( have three different kinds out there) and I made up three pots of kale soup. We had some last night and the rest is in the freezer. I think tonight is going to be a replay of the sausage/apple/walnut/goat cheese salad. I have lettuce in the garden I need to pick

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol2: :lol3: :lol2: Hopefully he brushed his teeth before he breathed those words to you. Sarcasm and bad breath - a bad combo. :lol:

Probably going out to dinner tonight if we think we can leave Wilbur for a few hours. This week I have not left his side for long other than a quick errand. Hoping to get out of the house for a bit tonight. ;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
 Actually, it was quite good! In fact, I thought it was good enough to post in the Recipe Exchange under the Light & Tasty category. He said it was good, but putting some meat in it would have made it better. I said that we weren't going there tonight.

I hope you had a nice dinner out, Lauren. 

You know, Karen, I don't think I've ever had kale. Does it taste like spinach or.....? I'd probably try it, but I don't know about Rick.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Logan Road House with my daughter & son in law. We all had the Porterhouse steaks,baked potatoes,salad.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Chicken bbq from our church. Rick will have the combo platter, which includes baked beans. I'm just having chicken and will make a salad to go with.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
whatever my husband can find in the frigerator. He can defend for himself tonight.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had leftover bbq chicken from yesterday. I had some of that zucchini pasta sauce leftover, too, so we decided to have that as a bit of vegetable. 

Some dinner, I know. But we were so busy in the garden and in the yard today that I didn't take any time to cook. And it's so muggy outside that we were more thirsty than hungry.

Last edited:

buteman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah yes dinner ,,, what pleasure I have in preparing nice meal for my hard working little wife on the weekends.

Yesterday I prepared a center cut fillet of wild sockeye salmon with a medley of steamed broccoli, green beans and baby carrots.

I've never failed to understand some of the recipes pertaining to sockeye salmon, the best of the best salmon and the beautiful flavour is destroyed by some of the horrific sauces that are doused all over the salmon.

But of course it's to each his own, I prepared the salmon last night by simply applying a thin coat of light garlic butter and topping it with a couple of lemon slices and a little white pepper NO SALT !

I then wrapped it in foil and baked it in a pre heated oven ( 425 degrees ) for twelve minutes ,,, delicious ,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.