What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Tonight will be turkey Italian sausages with homemade spaghetti sauce made with tomatoes from our garden. :)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we try out our new grill - a Big Green Egg - so burgers for hubby and a flatiron steak for me.  Our local butcher doens't want to carry the BGegg anymore so had a killer price for it. 

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wanted to grill burgers but *someone* forgot to turn off the gas last time the grill was used. I guess I'll fry them on the stove. It's "Bambi Burgers". Not really, but it is a mix of elk, deer and antelope. Good lean meat!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend gave us some grilled dove.  They are seasoned with special herbs and wrapped in bacon.  I had leftover squash cooked with onions and some leftover collards. On the side we had rice and gravy.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered Buck's Pizza since we didn't get out of school until around 9pm. I didn't want to go to one of our favorite places tonight, because we'd be there pretty late so we'll go there tomorrow :)

I feel like I gained 10lbs though now that I ate all that pizza!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Since I was off work yesterday, I made a big batch of split pea soup. Rick loves his split pea soup; it's OK, but not my favorite. My BIL stopped in to take some home for their supper, too. I also made a blueberry buckle and we split that with my BIL, too.

Tonight we're doing brats on the grill with lots of sauteed peppers and onions.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, since tonight is THE BIG GAME - Bears vs. Packer's.... we will be ordering pizza, pigging out and watching football. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!! :cross: :lol2:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I honestly have no idea. I may thaw some homemade soup from the freezer.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: Love it, Karen!!! :D

We are in Chicago at my brother's and will be grilling burgers and I will make a salad!!!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was just the kids (Thai & Tazzy) and I tonight. Taco bell cooked for me, thank goodness because it was another rough day at work. Gotta *love* delivering the mail in an election year....not!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did a steak on the grill with potato salad and some ice cream for dessert.

After church today, there's a luncheon and Rick is always in charge of grilling. He won't be home right away and he'll be too stuffed to eat much for dinner. I'm thinking of a lettuce, tomato, and cheese pizza on the grill for a quick dinner tonight. Took the dough ball out of the freezer last night and plopped it in the fridge.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner is at noon on Sundays, and today we had breaded pork cutlet, scalloped potatoes and a salad. Jamie must have been awfully hungry, because he begged until he got some cutlet sans breading and some scalloped potatoes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Trying a recipe for Fresh Tomato Pie. Sliced tomatoes from the garden, mozzarella, parmesan, with mayo and mustard and lots of fresh basil and oregano.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We will be having Lincolnshire sausages and eggplant gratin -  a new recipe I am trying today.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Something yummy! :clap: We're going out to dinner tonight for our anniversary! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.