What's For Dinner? - 2024

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The Seiten has alot of carbs though,doesn't it?I don't know much about it because it tastes like nothing to me,very bland by itself and sort of reminded me of bread or dough- also tofu,yucky
That's why I will only buy the brand by Upton's, it's well seasoned and not at all yucky.
Also nutritionally speaking, tempeh and seitan are both high in protein, offering 20 and 25 grams per 100-gram serving. They're both low in carbs, containing only 6–7 grams per serving.

The reason I don't mind cooking for my hubby is because if I didn't he'd exist on frozen dinners which are usually high in sodium.:wink:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
That's why I will only buy the brand by Upton's, it's well seasoned and not at all yucky.
Also nutritionally speaking, tempeh and seitan are both high in protein, offering 20 and 25 grams per 100-gram serving. They're both low in carbs, containing only 6–7 grams per serving.

The reason I don't mind cooking for my hubby is because if I didn't he'd exist on frozen dinners which are usually high in sodium.:wink:
So the brands are very important I see,I don't believe there are any Uptons in Florida-Id surely give it another try because I could use the protein and don't like many meats( or many fishes).... I like shellfish,lol

You must be in great shape,you seem to eat very well,healthy foods

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be scrambled eggs. Maybe an English muffin, maybe not. Will consult with tummy on that at the time. DINNER will be a chicken patty, with triple succotash and okra. YES, I like okra. I like the taste. And if you slice it before cooking, it is NOT slimy at all. Nor is it when fried. LORDY, I can eat fried okra, and often do, instead of popcorn while watching a movie!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to go to town today, so I picked up some fried chicken.We ended up having a kinda late lunch and weren't really hungry for dinner,so he finished up the mac salad plus had a leg and a thigh.I made myself a chicken sandwich and had a few radishes.Small piece of carrot cake for dessert later.....no frosting though.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lunch will be scrambled eggs. Maybe an English muffin, maybe not. Will consult with tummy on that at the time. DINNER will be a chicken patty, with triple succotash and okra. YES, I like okra. I like the taste. And if you slice it before cooking, it is NOT slimy at all. Nor is it when fried. LORDY, I can eat fried okra, and often do, instead of popcorn while watching a movie!
We love okra as well. I don't find it slimy at all. It comes down to how you prep and cook things sometimes. If its slimy outside as I find in supermarkets sometimes it OLD don't buy it. We grow it is a crazy beautiful plant.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I made sauce with just sausage and meatballs.... a pound of rigatoni so I could make a nice lunch for the Maintenance guy & his assistant because I just wanted a dish of pasta but changed my mind already,lol

Gonna have a nice Steak umms with cheese,peppers n onions on soft Italian bread.... I saw " Philly steak" here somewhere and tickled my taste buds!