Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still having a tough time getting back into making decent dinners, so not posting here much.
Lord, I live on frozen dinners, 80% of the time, and I still post those! Don't let that stop you!

Beef teriyaki for lunch, probably waffles for dinner.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lord, I live on frozen dinners, 80% of the time, and I still post those! Don't let that stop you!
But your frozen dinners have fancy names, so they sound impressive when you post them. ;)

Last night I had an egg burger - fried egg, topped with cheese, on a toasted hamburger bun.

And since it's freezing here today, I think I'll make slow cooker soup for dinner tonight. Also planning to bake some banana cranberry muffins, so will probably have one of them for dessert.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had vegetable soup, coleslaw and hushpuppies. The night before I was told that the soup did not have any meat. After I ate some of it I saw that it had tiny pieces of hamburger in it. I was livid. I don't like being lied to. From now on if I'm not sure about something having meat in it I just won't won't eat it. Some of the servers get snotty when I ask them to ask the cook if something has meat and even then I won't know if I'm being lied to. It's not worth the hassle.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
probably waffles for dinner.
Now I'm craving waffles! Maybe I'll get some frozen ones, I think my brother is doing a Walmart pickup order Friday.

an egg burger
Did it have ketchup on it? It should have!

since it's freezing here today
Did you get the below zero weather, neighbor? It took my breath away the past couple days!

After I ate some of it I saw that it had tiny pieces of hamburger in it.
Awww heck no! That's all kinds of wrong. Sorry that happened to you.

sourdough pizza
Never heard of that, but I want it!

Lunch- Veggie Bagel Sammich toasted with vegetarian crumbles, tomato, baby spinach, mayo, habanero hot sauce, italian dressing, swiss cheese, and carolina reaper cheese puffs which tasted a little weird on there, but good.

Dinner-- Toasted Bagel with cream cheese, one had maple sugar, the other had ginger sugar. Flatbread crackers, swiss cheese, butter, Carolina Reaper Cheese Puffs.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Simple dinner tonight, garden vegetable soup and I put rotini pasta in it. Honeycrisp apple for dessert. We went to a health food store this afternoon that we had never been to before and they had the best homemade hummus. :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww heck no! That's all kinds of wrong. Sorry that happened to you.
Last night a new server that can't speak very good english gave me a bowl soup and she said it was vegetarian. Before I had a chance to eat any of the soup the cook came out in a hurry and asked me if I ate any of the soup. She gave it back to the server and explained to her that it was cooked in a ham base and therefore the soup was not vegetarian. She was not the same cook that gave me the soup with the hamburger. I thanked them both for telling me but I don't think I will be eating any more of their soup. Their soup was very good when I was able to eat it.

I had a stir fry last night and it was delicious.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yesterday's slow cooker soup didn't happen, so I ended up having my open faced toasted sandwich with apple slices, cheese, raisins and walnuts.

No idea about tonight yet. I really should get into meal planning.

Now I'm craving waffles! Maybe I'll get some frozen ones, I think my brother is doing a Walmart pickup order Friday.
I just bought some Eggo waffles the other day, as I got a craving for them, and they were on sale.

Did it have ketchup on it? It should have!
Yeah, that would be a no. :lol:

Did you get the below zero weather, neighbor? It took my breath away the past couple days!
Yes, was freezing all day yesterday. Will be much warmer today though.

Last night a new server that can't speak very good english gave me a bowl soup and she said it was vegetarian. Before I had a chance to eat any of the soup the cook came out in a hurry and asked me if I ate any of the soup. She gave it back to the server and explained to her that it was cooked in a ham base and therefore the soup was not vegetarian. She was not the same cook that gave me the soup with the hamburger. I thanked them both for telling me but I don't think I will be eating any more of their soup. Their soup was very good when I was able to eat it.

I had a stir fry last night and it was delicious.
I know it must be difficult for them to prepare meals on a tight budget, but it's still depressing that they can't feed you something vegetarian, especially since you are required to pay for your meals. Makes me worry about the same happening to me, if I ever have to go to an assisted living place.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The mac and cheese won out last night. I only made half of a pan and we finished it right away.

Not sure about tonight. I know it's Sunday and I should probably do a Sunday dinner of some type, but I don't feel like it. Maybe tuna loaf. I can make it ahead of time, go out to the Shed, and Rick can throw it into the oven for me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We were out all afternoon so another simple dinner tonight - avocado toast with lots of veggies & Lorraine Swiss cheese for me. DH is having a turkey burger sandwich with tater tots and small salad. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday we had leftover pizza and calzone, with the calzone we got marinara and fra diavlo dipping sauces. Their fra diavlo sauce was the best I’ve ever had in my life!!
Tonight we will have grilled porterhouse steak with baked potatoes and roasted garlic asparagus. My youngest will sub out the potatoes and have noodles (the only potatoes he eats are french fries).

catlikesbusiness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm still having a tough time getting back into making decent dinners, so not posting here much.

Last night I had a toasted cheese sandwich, with homemade oven baked sweet potato fries on the side.

Not sure what I'm having tonight, per usual.

Yes, us four, plus @betsygee, and @Norachan, though they don't post in this thread often. Can't think of any others, though there may be more.

Are you vegetarian, catlikesbusiness catlikesbusiness ?
Yes! I'm also a registered clinical dietitian so if you have any questions about your diet go ahead and ask me anything! always happy to help :heartshape:

Status
Not open for further replies.