What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know but I'm going to ask them to just use soy sauce for me.
They probably use soy sauce, I've never had Worcestershire in a stir-fry.

I made pancakes
I should get some regular pancake mix now! Mom had me send all her gluten free pancake mixes to her new place.

Vegetable fried rice.
What heat do you cook that on, medium?

Lunch and Dinner: Leftovers of that Tofu Veggie Stir-fry I cooked with my brother. The sauce dried up, so I put Tomato Basil sauce on it at lunch, and Cantonese Stir-fry Sauce on it at dinner.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to make meatloaf. Stopped in at IGA on my way home from dentist. Chopmeat - check. Ground pork? No. Bought a small piece of boneless pork loin, very lean. Ran it through the meat grinder with a couple of strips of bacon. A nuisance, having to assemble, grind, disassemble meat grinder and clean all the pieces. However -

meatloaf in oven along with baking potatoes and sweet potato. Side dish will be either carrots and green peas OR broccoli.

Good meal for a chilly evening.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
What heat do you cook that on, medium?
I usually buy the TJ's frozen vegetable fried rice which you can microwave or cook in an air fryer:
Vegetable Fried Rice

I made a bowl for dinner tonight with brown rice, broccoli, shredded carrots, green onion, black beans, stewed tomatoes and avocado.
DH had a turkey burger with tomato basil soup and baby carrots. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby asked if we could have an omelet for dinner,and he did...a ham,onion and cheese omelet,and toast with raspberry jam.I had peanut butter toast with jam,and a hot cup of vanilla chai tea.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still having a tough time getting back into making decent dinners, so not posting here much.

Last night I had a toasted cheese sandwich, with homemade oven baked sweet potato fries on the side.

Not sure what I'm having tonight, per usual.

Are there any vegetarians here? :clover:😀
Yes, us four, plus betsygee betsygee , and Norachan Norachan , though they don't post in this thread often. Can't think of any others, though there may be more.

Are you vegetarian, catlikesbusiness catlikesbusiness ?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, yesterday was crêpe day, so J and I went for lunch after her dentist appointment. We shared an egg, turkey bacon, and cheese savory crêpe, then for dessert I got a s'mores crêpe and got J a chocolate pudding one, though she ate very little of the crêpe itself, and mostly chocolate and whipped cream.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, us four, plus betsygee betsygee , and Norachan Norachan , though they don't post in this thread often. Can't think of any others, though there may be more.
Are you vegetarian, catlikesbusiness catlikesbusiness ?
I think I've seen a few other vegetarians post from time to time and not sure if mani mani is vegetarian or maybe pescatarian. :dunno:

I'm thinking avocado toast with veggies and swiss on top for dinner tonight. DH hasn't said what he's in the mood for yet. Honeycrisp apples for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.