What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother and I went to lunch yesterday at a diner. I got a veggie lovers calzone. It was so good. The marinara sauce was amazing, had chunks in it and tasted like it had special spices in it.

My brother and I cooked dinner last night! It tasted so good, but he used so many pots and pans! 4 huge ones. It took me 2 hours to clean the kitchen! He showed me how to get tofu crispy. He made it really good and super spicy.
Tofu, Olive Oil, Korean Chili Flakes, Sea Salt, Cantonese Stir-Fry Sauce, Habanero Hot Sauce, Water, bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomato, fresh jalapeno with the seeds left in, elbow noodles added later with cooked dried black beans, 2 slices pepper jack cheese.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been living off of sandwiches and cupboard odds and ends for the last couple weeks and decided I really needed actual groceries and meals. Shopping trip today and bought ingredients for Fajitas, BLT’s, Antipasto salad, sausage and potatoes, chicken wings, sloppy joes and breakfast foods . Most of this is easy cooking so I might actually make it. I have a bunch of things to portion, vacuum seal and freeze this afternoon.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusted a pork tenderloin with jerk seasoning and refrigerated for 24 hours. This evening I browned it, put in a casserole dish in the toaster oven. Squeezed juice of one orange over it, covered tightly with tin foil and baked in toaster oven. When done . . .

Sliced and diced a chunk of fresh pineapple and browned very lightly in pan. Pour juices from casserole over things and thickened with cornstarch.

Red beans and white rice, thickened pan juices, sliced pork, pineapple. And it was good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Had the other half of my veggie lovers calzone leftover from the diner. Since I already ate the marinara sauce with the other half, I had Tomato Basil pasta sauce with habanero hot sauce.

Dinner: Leftover tofu stir-fry that I made with my brother. The sauce dried up, so I'm gonna have to add more next time.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a few anchovy free Worchestershire sauces. I got one when I was fish free with J for a bit. You just have to read labels.
Good to know but I'm going to ask them to just use soy sauce for me. I never really carred for Worchestershire sauce.

Last night I had green bean soup, spaghetti and veggy meatballs and garlic bread. I never heard of green bean soup but it was OK. It looked like they just opened a can of green beans and poured them in a bowl along with the liquid from the can.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A whole rack of spare ribs is too much for two people. But it was deliberate to get this much. I cut the meat off the bones of the extra. And tonight we will have

Lentils with a mirepoix of carrots, celery, red onions sauteed with olive oil, meat added towards the end of the lentils cooking. Steamed Brussels sprouts as a side dish.

Ready soon and should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.