What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Medium-low heat; you want the eggs to cook, but you don't want the bottom to get too brown.
Thank you. Maybe I have the heat too high. I just usually cook everything on medium and it usually tastes bad.

Lunch: Bagel Sammich- vegetarian

Dinner: 1 Eggo Cinnamon French Toast, canned corn, black beans, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, butter, pumpkin spice maple syrup. This frozen French Toast is so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So is this syrup.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and some stewed fruit things for dessert. Dinner will be an omelet with Co-Jack cheese, onions, bell peppers, and ham. Or maybe bacon. Depends on my mood.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made this tofu rice bowl. J wouldn't try the broccoli or mushrooms, but did eat rice and a bit of tofu.
That looks really good. And I've been wanting to try tofu again.

Unfortunately, I don't have chili-garlic sauce, rice vinegar, tahini or toasted sesame oil, and suspect it would cost a lot to buy all those.
Anyone know if I could substitute or omit any of them, and still have the recipe turn out ok?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks really good. And I've been wanting to try tofu again.

Unfortunately, I don't have chili-garlic sauce, rice vinegar, tahini or toasted sesame oil, and suspect it would cost a lot to buy all those.
Anyone know if I could substitute or omit any of them, and still have the recipe turn out ok?
I used regular sesame oil instead of toasted sesame oil because that's what we had.

This is what the grocey list suggests for the chili garlic sauce and the tahini, but nothing for the rice vinegar.

Screenshot_20230124_080218_Mealime.jpg
Screenshot_20230124_080250_Mealime.jpg

I'm sure there could be other substitutes, but I'm not gourmet enough.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J wouldn't try the broccoli or mushrooms, but did eat rice and a bit of tofu.
Yay J! You like tofu. :thumbsup:

pasta salad
Now I'm craving mac salad. I don't think I like pasta salad, but might have to try it again.

I pretty much had the same thing for lunch & dinner. Finished up the yummy Eggo Cinnamon French Toast, canned corn, black beans, pumpkin spice maple syrup, for dinner I had Brown Rice Syrup on them, butter, garlic parsley salt, and I tried a bunch of dad's salt free seasoning blends on the beans & corn.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay J! You like tofu. :thumbsup:

muffy: I was glad to see that J liked tofu and that MamanyT1953 is going to give it another try.

maggiedemi: Now I'm craving mac salad. I don't think I like pasta salad, but might have to try it again.
They had mac salad on the menu but the chef knew I don't like eggs so he made me a salad with elbow mac, oil, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and cheese. I really appeciated him going out of his way to make it for me. I love mac salad but I just can't fine it anywhere without eggs.

Last night I had stir fry with tofu and vegetables and a piece of corn bread.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I made a frittata with mushrooms and potato for Himself, sprinkled with some sliced scallion and parsley as a garnish when I turned it out of the small cast iron frying pan, halved cherry tomatoes on the side. I had French toast from the homemade bread.

Dinner is large meatballs and gravy over rice, and microwave steamed fresh broccoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.