What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a new cook here and she has been making a lot of stir fry meals for me. They are really good and the other residents are jealous. When they see what I've been getting they say that I must be special or that it must be nice to have someone cook especially for me, etc. The first 2 years I was here they gave me very little that I could eat because I'm vegetarian. They don't realize that if I want to get enough protein I have to buy it myself.

The food served here is pretty bad and I don't blame the residents for complining. It is not the staffs fault because they can only cook what they are told to cook. We can hear the staff yelling at each other in the kitchen. Some of them have been fired. Last night they had 3 servers and one of them did nothing but walk around and act silly. I guess because her motber is a cook here she thinks she can do what she wants.

I had a stir fry last night with tofu, veggy hamburger, potatoes, peppers and tomatoes.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
making a chinese noodle dish i dont know the english name for much less how to spell it in english :lol:
A Chinese noodle dish works for me! :thumbsup:

I knew the veggie chili leftovers would come in handy. We got home late from the Apple store so I was glad I made chili over the weekend. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I totally forgot about this thread. :sigh:
I had zucchini, 3 kinds of peppers, onions and sausage as a one pot meal. It wasn't bad. Very filling but kind of greasy so next time I'll drain the meat before adding anything else.
The other night I made a really good salad with diced white meat chicken, cucumber, tomato, etc., and tons of green onions I had to use before they went bad and it was so simple, yet so good. Sometimes onions just make me almost nauseous, yet other times I crave them so much I feel like I could eat one like an apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.