What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sister and BIL and my brother and SIL are joining us for dinner tonight.
Sounds delicious, I'm sure everyone will go home with a full belly. :yummy:

DH has been asking when I'm going to make my pasta casserole so since we're supposed to get more snow later I thought tonight would be a good time plus we'll have leftovers. I'm not telling him but if I finish my chores and start working on taxes I may bake the new recipe I tried over the holidays for small batch brownies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is very difficult for me to open a can with a hand held opener and I have always had a problem using electric can openers.
They might have a gadget to help with that on Amazon! They have all kinds of stuff to open jars. I never could figure out how to work electric can openers either! I should learn.

If we don't eat a meal we are stilled charged $30.00 for each one.
They should be able to make you good vegetarian meals for that kind of money! I wish they would try harder.

he likes vegetable soup. But he also likes his with ground beef.
We are doing that this week with my brother & dad. We are gonna make the beef & tofu on the side so we can each add it.

parmesan, leek & spinach croissant
That sounds magnificent.

Last night my brother brought me half a sub from Subway-- Veggie Delite--Italian Roll, American Cheese, Mayo, Lettuce, Spinach, Tomato, Onion, Cucumber, Green Peppers, Black Olives, Pickles, Banana Peppers, Jalapenos.

Lunch: Snack plate with all the stuff my brother brought- slice of homemade bread with 1TB Cashew Butter on it, some type of Spanish fried cheese round corn patty, it tasted like cornbread with crispy breading, no idea what it's called, 1TB Butter, Swiss Cheese, Carolina Reaper Cheese Puffs, Mango chunks. The cheese puffs were so spicy!!!

Not sure what I'm having for dinner.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They might have a gadget to help with that on Amazon! They have all kinds of stuff to open jars. I never could figure out how to work electric can openers either! I should learn.

They should be able to make you good vegetarian meals for that kind of money! I wish they would try harder.
Thanks, I'll check out Amazon.

I wish they would try harder too. I did have a good stir fry last night. It had cut up veggy meatballs, tofu, onions, green and red peppers, carrots and tomatoes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stir fry last night. It had cut up veggy meatballs, tofu, onions, green and red peppers, carrots and tomatoes.
I don't think I've ever put tomatoes in my stir-fry. I'll have to try it. Did it have soy sauce or any type of sauce in it?

Lunch: I saved the other half of my Veggie Delite sub from Subway a few days ago. I like it when they get soggy.

Dinner: Veggie Sammich- Pretzel Roll, Mayo, Italian Dressing, Habanero Hot Sauce, Baby Spinach, Tomato, Vegetarian Crumbles cooked in Olive Oil and Garlic Parsley Salt, Swiss Cheese.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think I've ever put tomatoes in my stir-fry. I'll have to try it. Did it have soy sauce or any type of sauce in it?

It's funny you should ask. I notice that the stir fry had a brown sauce last night and I could not tell if it was soy or Worcestershire sauce. Worcestershire sauce is made with anchovies. I'm going to have to check on that and also on the barbecue sauce they use. They cook my meatballs in barbecue sauce and I don't know what is in the sauce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.