What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can of Chef Boyardee ravioli.
Now I'm craving a can of cheese ravioli!

I love mac salad but I just can't fine it anywhere without eggs.
You don't like eggs? The taste or the way they treat the chickens?

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Dad's homemade bread

Dinner: Huge Dinner Plate Salad- Mixed Greens, Thousand Island Dressing, Diced Ginger, Walnuts, Pecans, Sliced Almonds, Dried Cranberries, Cottage Cheese, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Croutons. I put more lettuce this time than usual, and that really improved the taste. I guess other times I put too many fixins' and not enough greens.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm craving a can of cheese ravioli!

You don't like eggs? The taste or the way they treat the chickens?
Both. I'll eat something with eggs baked into it, like cake, but I won't eat a cooked egg by it's self or if it's in mac and potato salad. I'm the same way with cows milk.

I would love to have some canned ravioli or spaggetti. I loved Chef Boyardee when I was growing up but I have not been able find the cheese ravioli or spaggetti in years.

Last night I had stir fry with vegetables, tofu and meat balls, balsamic tomatos and a cucumber salad.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I tried a different recipe for pancakes. I was starving for pancakes! With maple syrup! Yum! I don't keep buttermilk on hand, so when a recipe calls for it, I use vinegar and regular milk and let it set for a couple minutes. Good pancakes. We used the last of the Canadian bacon to go with.

Not sure about tonight. I need to do some scrounging around in the freezers. I'm pretty sure there's some vegetable soup down there. Or chili. Or something. Since Rick re-arranged the freezers (and didn't use my freezer lists), I'm lost. And I'm still rather :censored: about it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Can't edit my original post. I decided on vegetarian vegetable soup. And everything, but the peas and carrots are from our garden. I went down to the freezers and brought up packages of onions, peppers, snapped green beans, lima beans, and corn. And two pints of tomatoes. One large potato from the potato bin. And we're all set. With corn muffins to go with.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not in mood for cooking as I had an eye doctor appointment and they were running behind. I bought take and reheat fried chicken, heat and serve mashed potatoes and a bag of steam fresh corn. Being I have the oven on I’ll make some Pillsbury biscuits.
mph and my eyes are healthy and my near sighted prescription is actually getting better!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since they're predicting more snow and freezing temps we made a Trader Joe's run today. I made a big salad with their Broccoli & Kale Slaw, Cruciferous Crunch and Baby Spinach. I treated myself to a small package of their Coffee Lover's Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans. I made bbq chicken with oven roasted potatoes for DH. Honey crisp apple for dessert.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
442202[/ATTACH]
Thanks, I'm sure it will be good. The problem with canned food is not all cans have pop top lids and it is very difficult for me to open a can with a hand held opener and I have always had a problem using electric can openers.

Last night for dinner they gave me a large portion of sweet potatoes and a tiny bowl of peas. The sweet potatoes had melted marshmellos so I only ate the peas. I made a tomato sandwich when I got back to my room. They were also out of diet coke again. Someone told me yesterday that they charge us $30.00 for each meal. If we don't eat a meal we are stilled charged $30.00 for each one. I don't know if this is true but I will have to check into it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick wasn't particularly amused when he found out we were having vegetarian vegetable soup last night. Oh, he likes vegetable soup. But he also likes his with ground beef. It was fine, though; he even said it was good.

He has a doctor appt this afternoon; he told me last night that he'd bring dinner home afterward. Whatever he brings will be fine.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished lunch so only having soup for dinner, (lentil vegetable). But picked up a parmesan, leek & spinach croissant which I'm looking forward to with the soup. DH is having a sandwich with the leftover chicken from last night with melted swiss cheese on a bagel. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled a container of home prepared navy beans in tomato sauce and another container of pulled pork from the freezer. Combined, heated, topped with bread crumbs browned with butter and oil. Steamed kale, the warty looking Nero di Toscana, for side dish. Nice dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.