What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cooked the whole box of whole wheat spaghetti last night,I love leftover spaghetti with italian dressing on it)so we have plenty of sauce left too,and a whole loaf of italian bread,and he didn't want salad last night,so...leftovers it is,I'll make some garlic bread to go with,and a salad for me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bought all the fixin's for beet salad so I'm about to sauté green onions, mushrooms and red peppers to go with it. DH is having a quinoa burger sandwich w/swiss cheese, baby carrots and a baked potato. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Know what I'm going to do when the weather gets warm again? I'm going to get two big old cans of tomato juice, boil a small box of spaghetti in it, drain the juice off, and toss with pesto, then stick it in the fridge. That'll give me a nice, light lunch for a good four days! And SO yummy!

OK, back to the present. Lunch will be a pork loin sammie, and dinner will be grits casserole. One more day after this, and the leftovers are gone!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Know what I'm going to do when the weather gets warm again? I'm going to get two big old cans of tomato juice, boil a small box of spaghetti in it, drain the juice off, and toss with pesto, then stick it in the fridge. That'll give me a nice, light lunch for a good four days! And SO yummy!

OK, back to the present. Lunch will be a pork loin sammie, and dinner will be grits casserole. One more day after this, and the leftovers are gone!
Many is the time,year round,that I have leftover cooked pasta of one kind or another.I lightly drizzle with a bit of olive oil and store in the fridge in a plastic bag.It's great,to me anyway,for lunch with italian salad dressing on it and a shake of the parm can,but I'd imagine you could use any dressing you like.I will try your idea of cooking it in tomato juice and adding pesto!Sounds really good!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

I really like grits- Id love to know what a grits casserole is-I keep forgetting to ask,never heard of that before you've said it here

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
So yesterday I went to town ordering Chinese with my surprise Vet money,lol I make little dinners and freeze them ,then I have many microwave meals of my all time favorite?

I got ribs,steamed dumplings,teriyaki sticks,pork mei fum,roast pork with mushrooms,chicken with mixed veggies,pork fried rice,egg roll and crab Rangoon!!! Lol,for just me,myself & I.... Today I'll portion my meals & freeze

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, man, I found my French onion soup recipe! This was so good last night! I couldn't add the wine, but, even with extra broth in place of the red wine, it was good. I braised the short ribs for a couple of hours in the oven, to the point where they were falling-off-the-bone done. Did the onions in the electric skillet, then added it all together. So good! One bowl each was enough and we do have leftovers.

Tonight's "dinner" will be cheeses, dips, crackers, bread, wings, etc. while we watch movies....or rather while Dear Richard watches movies and I nap. My sister gave us a pound of chocolate-covered pretzels to munch on, too.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Nibbles... not all that hungry today.. Had toast, done in the Ninja.. Still cannot get hang of it.. #2 comes out too light, with #3 too dark-- almost burnt.. and I keep hitting the "off" button, instead of the "light" button... Oh well, one of these days. It just take practice.
I will be using it tomorrow. I plan on an easy supper-- just a reheated TJ's roast beef, with potatoes of some sort: either baked, roasted, or mashed. Have not had mashed for a long time..

I also defrosted some shrimp to have with cocktail sauce... I am not planning on seeing midnight... so, an early supper, snacks, and then bed....

Happy New Year to all!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I originally planned to make individual pizzas for us but DH wasn't in the mood so I'm reheating the leftover chili with a salad and asiago rolls he picked up this morning. Graeter's mocha chocolate chip ice cream for dessert which will go good after the chili. 🍨

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was just one of those days...blustery and cold and cloudy...so I had to make a pot of soup!Potato it was,and we had the leftover garlic bread with it.Here after awhile I'll slice up some sausage and cheeses,put out some crackers with, some chip;s and a dip and there we'll be.

Status
Not open for further replies.