What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was an English muffin and turkey sandwich, and dinner will be (again) sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy.

This is my first experience with green bean casserole made with French cut beans. I will not be doing this again. Tastes great, but I loathe the texture...almost as if it were made with cabbage that had been shredded for coleslaw. I do not like it on my tongue.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night they gave me two dinner rolls and some peas. I ate most of the peas but left the rolls.

The night before they gave me a tiny amount of tasteless instant potatoes, a few slices of carrots and 3 tiny pieces of tofu stir fried with a tiny amount of mushy green beans. I gave them a new container of tofu yesterday so they could have given me more than 3 tiny pieces of it. I just ate the tofu and the carrots.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Made onion gravy and heated up 2 burger dogs and had that over the leftover oven fries,heated up the rest of the acorn squash and we split that.Rest of the gravy and remaining 2 burger dogs went in the freezer for a later meal.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 3 veggie meat balls, squash, zucchini and 3 bean salad.

Last week we went to a Chinese Restaurant for lunch. They had 10 vegetarian items with no animal products. I had Mock Sesame Chicken and Mock House Special Chicken and Beef Lo Mein. I took the LoMein home for dinner. That was the best Chinese food I ever had and they deliver. They will be getting a lot of my business.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was hoping to make my pasta casserole but it didn't happen tonight so I made one of my bowls with brown rice, green pepper, stewed tomatoes, green onions, broccoli and shredded carrots. Dark chocolate almond butter cups for dessert and honeycrisp apple. IMG_0839.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.