What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Nice! You did great with that pie! Kudos!

The General Tso's chicken was really good; I used sauce from Trader Joe's. It's a good sauce, sweet yet spicy. And I doctor it a bit. I hate coating and deep-frying anything. I worry about fire and the smoke alarm went off a couple times. But it worked out and it was good.

Going to be busy today, so I'm not sure about tonight. I don't know if I could talk Rick into grabbing fast food or just throw something quick together. He's bowling, so it has to be quick and easy.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I'm making celery root remoulade, shrimp and cream cheese dip, deal with chestnuts, cranberry orange ginger whatsis, chocolate mousse. Make bread dough to bake tomorrow. Check recipe for sour cherry clafouti.

Put up first of the vignette ornaments - the goose girl & goose boy mobile

Seasonal Decorations_2020-11_little goose girl and boy mobile.jpg

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I was busily prepping for tomorrow (grin - for a guest list of two, me and Himself!) I didn't feel like fussing for dinner so we had hotdogs and instant mashed potatoes. Now to make the dough for galettes (which is what I meant when I wrote clafoutis) so dough can refrigerate overnight.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's Thanksgiving, so, obviously leftovers!
Our food today was heavy on onions and peppers so it wasn't safe for dogs or cats, but they got little tidbits of shredded cheese we kept in a bowl on the table so they felt part of it. Only one (Goofy) of my 3 cats joined us. Sarah and Lila were not crazy about the commotion and went into the living room.
Livie was not impressed by shredded cheese and is still awaiting the "real dinner."
1669344863186.png

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It'd probably be easier to ask what we didn't have for dinner!...lol Turkey,asparagus risotto,roasted acorn squash,dressing,gravy,shredded brussel sprouts with bacon,onion and apple (and a little pinot),cranberry/orange/pecan buttermilk biscuits,a small cookie salad,pecan pie,spicy pumpkin pie and dutch apple pie.Talk about leftovers!I sent quite a bit home with the kids and we still have a bunch.I did put the legs into the carcass and it all went in the freezer for soup.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, for lunch I had a tiny sliver of pumpkin pie. For dinner, however, I had what some many had today. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, and a green bean casserole. I have JUST (yes, it is 2:30AM) finished my dinner, and will, once things settle a bit, have a far larger piece of pie!

The ferals will be having shredded and chopped turkey with their dinner tonight, and probably tomorrow night, as well. Hek had a bit of turkey, which she has left lying on her plate, but she DID manage to lick a bit of sweet potato casserole off of mine, once I finished. I do NOT understand that cat! Raspberry sherbet and sweet potato casserole! Go figure.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanksgiving was a typical Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, biscuits and pumpkin pie. I ate at about 2:30 AM, a bit late for lunch, and earlier than usual for dinner, but just right for utterly stuffing myself into a food coma! The ferals were quite happy with their minced turkey topper to their dinners!

Lunch today was a slice of turkey on a toasted English muffin. Tonight's dinner will be vegetarian...ALL of the side dishes, and a slice of pie.

LOL, I finally figured out how to cut the perfect pumpkin pie slice! Would work on sweet potato pie, as well. YEARS ago, I bought this handy-dandy apple corer/slicer, designed to help make preparing apples for pies easier. I thought to myself, "Self, if you had that gadget, you'd get off of your duff and bake apple pies!'' WRONG...it languished, unused and neglected, in a drawer. And then the Grand Idea hit. I got it out, washed it well, and carefully centered the center of the slicer over the center of my pie, and very gently pressed it down, just enough to leave an outline of a divided circle, with eight perfectly even sections! Even I can follow the "outline" left on the pie!

Status
Not open for further replies.