What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some clarification vis-a-vis today's CT scan - my knee surgery was mid-July. After which I developed baker's cysts behind both knees. Had an ultrasound in September. Vascular surgeon said all looks pretty good but I should have a CT scan just to be sure. That was scheduled for today. Has nothing to do with Mr Poe tripping me yesterday. My knees do not hurt. As Himself said, they need to justify the expensive equipment.

So, back to dinner -

On the way home, almost there as a matter of fact, we pass the local cafe and Himself asks if I want to go there for lunch. Why not! So we each had a bacon cheeseburger and shared an order of onion rings.

Which meant we weren't very hungry for dinner. Fortunately, after we finally arrived back home I had made a batch of leek and potato soup this afternoon. And that's what we had for dinner.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vegetable soup, mac & cheese, the biggest brussel sprouts I've ever seen and peach pie. It was all good. I noticed that there was nothing on the menu I wanted for lunch today so I asked if I could have
some of the mac & cheese and brussel sprouts for lunch today if there was any left.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made broccoli cheddar soup and heated some Cheesecake Factory loaves from the grocery store. I was going to make chocolate pudding and whip cream for the top but it felt like far too much dairy.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I joined a friend for lunch after a much too long separation, but it was early for me and I barely ate a bite, so I re-heated my leftovers (chicken and a really good broccoli, cheese and rice side) later on.
There's talk of potential bad weather late next week, so I'll be making sure I have what I need before that happens, even if it means braving the stores days before Thanksgiving. (It's a white out outside right now yet it's going to be in the high 50's by Tuesday.)

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shrimp, mini wontons and sugar snap peas over thin fine egg noodles with a splash of soy sauce. Tried a cup of bouillon with a mini wonton as a side. The consensus is "meh" and dinner was O.K. without it. Only one way to know, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.