What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thin sliced reheated leftover meatloaf as a sandwich on toasted king size English muffins, twice baked potatoes (scrape baked potato out of skin with a fork, loosely pack back in, add some butter or Smart Balance, reheat in toaster oven,) carrots and peas.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was chicken and dressing, potatoes and English peas. Well, they CALL it dressing. It's a handful of cubed bread with a shaker of herbs passed over it. No problem, I was expecting that. And the chicken, the gravy, and the veggies were right tasty. Dinner will be shepherd's pie, I think.

I'm also set for Thanksgiving. I have a sweet potato casserole and a green bean casserole tucked into the freezer, along with a turkey breast and a bag of biscuits. Have the makings for cornbread stuffing and pumpkin pie ready to go. Cranberry sauce in the fridge. SO....Monday (21st) the turkey will go in the fridge. I'll bake it on the 23rd, because I'm a weirdo who likes cold turkey better than hot turkey. The pie will be baked on Wednesday, as well as prepping the stuffing. Thursday, I just have to bake the two casseroles, the stuffing and the biscuits.

Yes, I bake the stuffing from scratch. Yes, it takes two days. The day before, I bake the cornbread and set the white bread out to get stale. Thanksgiving day, I put it all together and get it in the oven.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was chicken and dressing, potatoes and English peas. Well, they CALL it dressing. It's a handful of cubed bread with a shaker of herbs passed over it. No problem, I was expecting that. And the chicken, the gravy, and the veggies were right tasty. Dinner will be shepherd's pie, I think.

I'm also set for Thanksgiving. I have a sweet potato casserole and a green bean casserole tucked into the freezer, along with a turkey breast and a bag of biscuits. Have the makings for cornbread stuffing and pumpkin pie ready to go. Cranberry sauce in the fridge. SO....Monday (21st) the turkey will go in the fridge. I'll bake it on the 23rd, because I'm a weirdo who likes cold turkey better than hot turkey. The pie will be baked on Wednesday, as well as prepping the stuffing. Thursday, I just have to bake the two casseroles, the stuffing and the biscuits.

Yes, I bake the stuffing from scratch. Yes, it takes two days. The day before, I bake the cornbread and set the white bread out to get stale. Thanksgiving day, I put it all together and get it in the oven.
Oh I love stuffing from scratch! We've done it before and it's time consuming but so delicious. I'll be a weirdo too and admit I like turkey cold better than hot, but only the white meat.
Today I had cereal (woo), and bacon, eggs, and sausage for dinner. Filling for sure. We're still not 100% sure what we're having for Thanksgiving this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.