What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had my old standby toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.
The night before was lentil soup.

Yikes! That sounds like a lot of food after being on a 72 hour fast. How did your digestive system react. Ok, I hope.
~ Everything is fine. 3 days is not a concern Anything after 5 days would be a little different. Some will start with steamed vegetables then have protein and fat several hours later.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The weather was even better today than yesterday if that's possible so I went back into the city, aka my happy place. DH joined me and our daughter met us for lunch. I stuffed myself and when we got home for dinner I only had a slice of DKB Raisin' the Roof toasted bread with raspberry preserves, red seedless grapes and honeycrisp apple.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he's going to have leftover pizza and I made a big pot of my oriental soup,so maybe with some crackers for me.Tried a couple of new seasonings in my soup and they are really good...lemongrass/turmeric paste and a thai garlic chili paste.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH wants to pick up burritos from a little hole in the wall place we love to go to but the weather is nasty so not sure he'll have the motivation to drive over. If not I can always find something in the house to make but he's much more picky. :lol:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tri-color penne with sliced mushrooms and red onion sauteed in bacon grease and oil,. Added green peas (Green Giant Simply Steamed), some chicken broth. Thicken with corn starch. Top with pieces of crispy bacon (well where did you think I got the bacon grease for the mushrooms and onion?)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was eggs scrambled with red and green peppers and onions (VERY YUMMY!) and dinner is something that purports to be Korean barbecue with meatballs and rice. I have my doubts. However, it can call itself anything it wants to, so long as it tastes good!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On Friday night they gave me a side salad with lettuce and a few slivers of carrots, a small amount of cheese ravioli, a tiny bit of green beans, fried potatoes, a dinner roll and a sticky, gooey brownie. Who wants all of those carbs in one meal? I only ate the salad, the ravioli and the 6 green beans they gave me.

Last night they gave me plant based potato soup, which was very good, a small baked potato, plain white rice and mixed vegetables. I added the vegetables to the soup and that was all I ate.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A bit behind here. I haven't really cooked in three days! I know one day was delivery pizza and yesterday we went to the Roadhouse with my brother and SIL. I had a Smokehouse burger, which was good.

Today, Rick is doing steaks on the grill (and hopefully the wind will subside). I'm making a bit of potato salad and some baked beans. We may or may not have dessert, depending on how I feel at the time. I'm thinking of an apple coffee cake, which we could have with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. The cake is make with apples and coffee and has a brown sugar-cinnamon topping. I like to add pecans, just because I can.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm always starving at lunch so dinner will just be a bowl of lentil vegetable soup with crispy wheat crackers and raspberries for dessert. DH is having a grilled cheese sandwich with soup also and honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.