What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went to get my little guy's ashes today, and on the way home I swung through a food joint and grabbed a sandwich and shake. I'm really getting bad about that convenience thing. But he loved snacks, and I figure if his last car ride home included a bag of carry out food, I'm OK with that.
I had stopped to buy dog and cat food and they didn't have the size of frozen food I wanted for Livie, so I bought a big bag. No big deal, it will keep. I was trying to make space in my freezer. 2 breadsticks are in this box, so wrap them up and get rid of the box. I can cram 2 hamburger patties in this tiny little spot. Why is there an empty box here? I'd better eat two of these ice cream bars to make more room (LOL). I removed and re-arranged some more. I found myself getting the theme to Tetris stuck in my head (and I still can't get it out). Eventually I made a spot for the food. Yay!
I turned around and realized there was some chicken thighs on the counter I had set aside, and had no room for, so into the fridge they went to thaw and tomorrow I'm going to say "I don't care if you want Panera, shut up and eat this." I will probably mix it with either a sweet potato (yum) with butter and honey (double yum!) or some broccoli and mixed veggies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the last of some macaroni and cheese with broccoli, and a bit of (extra from making stuffed peppers this afternoon, filling which i baked in a mini loaf pan...meatloaf style) ground beef/rice/etc. dessert will be a slice of banana bread and maybe a few red seedless grapes, later this evening. :yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 what are dinosaur potatoes?
remember when I was eating itty nuggets with smiling potatoes? Those were mashed potatoes formed into smiley faces, then given a thin coating of something that became a little crispy when heated. NOW, they've changed the smiley faces to dinosaurs. There are brontosauruses and t. rexes and stegosauruses. Yes, I eat like a kid. Sometimes.

Tonight's lunch was cheeseburger macaroni. Dinner will be either a chimichanga or taquitoes. Either is a good excuse for sour cream!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pepperoni pizza. I just haven't decided if it's Digiorno or homemade. A few weeks ago, I tried a focaccia-type pizza from Cook's Country. The crust was excellent and, since it was a no-knead dough, it was so easy to make. It's been calling to me.
Since Dear Richard bowls tonight, though, it may be a Digiorno pizza. Easier yet.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For the first time in weeks I had lunch today. I made a sandwich, chips and had an ice cream bar. And thought about a second :p
Dinner was chicken and potatoes, simple but good comfort food. I was too stuffed for dessert. I've yet to try those cookies I bought last Friday.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hamburgers on toasted buns with slice of American cheese and squirt of ketchup. Home fries. Carrots and peas.

Himself had a chocolate chip cookie for dessert, I had some ice cream. Weather is getting chilly for ice cream, better enjoy it while I can.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
sister is dropping off a pack of blogne and sliced cheddar so thats what my meals will be now blogne sandwhiches for days :lol:
Can you treat yourself to a favorite take out meal once or twice via contact-free Door Dash? (It's crazy expensive here, but maybe just as a way to break up the boring-ness or the same thing every day?) I hope this period of time goes quickly for you and gf!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stir fry of pork (cut in pieces, marinated with soy sauce and sugar) Heat wok with oil, added drained pork, wait a minute, add peeled and rolling cut broccoli stem pieces. Wait a minute (agitating all the while) then add broccoli crown pieces, sliced red onion, diced sweet red pepper, sliced mushrooms. Agitate to coat with oil, then add bouillon with drained soy sauce. Put lid on wok. Wait 4 minutes or so, then add corn starch and thicken. Serve over chow fun noodles.

Dessert was apple blitz kuchen warmed in microwave, with. And after it was out, a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stir fry of pork (cut in pieces, marinated with soy sauce and sugar) Heat wok with oil, added drained pork, wait a minute, add peeled and rolling cut broccoli stem pieces. Wait a minute (agitating all the while) then add broccoli crown pieces, sliced red onion, diced sweet red pepper, sliced mushrooms. Agitate to coat with oil, then add bouillon with drained soy sauce. Put lid on wok. Wait 4 minutes or so, then add corn starch and thicken. Serve over chow fun noodles.

Dessert was apple blitz kuchen warmed in microwave, with. And after it was out, a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
That sounds.....WOW!!
Oops, my drool is shorting out my keyboard. :lol:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you treat yourself to a favorite take out meal once or twice via contact-free Door Dash? (It's crazy expensive here, but maybe just as a way to break up the boring-ness or the same thing every day?) I hope this period of time goes quickly for you and gf!
i have stuff i can cook steaks and the like just got zero motivation to cook with gf gone right now

Status
Not open for further replies.