What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Spinach tortellini with basil marinara sauce over spinach leaves, (unfortunately I'm out of grated parmesan cheese). DH bought ciabatta rolls so I may have one on the side. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sandwich and some ice cream, same deal, lunch/dinner. Is that a Linner or a Dunch? Tomorrow is grocery day. I packed a list, some extra cash, and the freedom to browse the bakery and see if anything looks good, and if anything can be portioned out and froze.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to make the buffalo chicken wrap recipe we like and made the sauce, and realized I hadn't put the chicken in the fridge to thaw. :doh2:

So we ordered Mexican instead. Chicken wraps tomorrow.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Picked up the ingredients for a dinner salad tonight I haven’t made in ages. It used to be my favorite item on the Friday’s menu, Pecan Chicken salad. It has pecans, chicken, cranberries, celery and mandarin oranges with romaine lettuce and balsamic dressing.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I went to the grocery and got a bunch of stuff and ended up having deli food tonight. I went through the bakery and nothing really struck me, but I did buy some ice cream bars. I got some frozen french fries (they are VERY good) and some single serve frozen pizzas from the mobile food truck, so I should be set for awhile.
I found some chips ahoy reeses flavored cookies and bought a pack but I haven't tried them yet. They do look really good though!
Edit: I also got some deli dill pickles. YUM!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
gf and i are taking a close longtime woman friend of mine that i've been friends with over 20 years now to eat chinese food
I was VERY close to going to grab some Chinese food earlier, but I'd spent money at the grocery and decided to wait. Plus, it's a bit of a drive to get to the Chinese place I like. It's great food, good prices, and family owned!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurricane Fiona tracked up along the shore, heading for Canada's eastern shore. Today was rather chilly and windy. Wonderful weather for cooking!

I made pot roast with potatoes and carrots and tiny onions. Didn't have any red wine open so used my fallback - red vermouth.
Dinner_2022-09_pot roast.jpg

And since the oven was on I made a blitz kuchen with Italian blue plums and streusel
Dinner_2022-09_blitz kuchen with plums.jpg

Half the recipe made two small cakes, this size.

Lovely dinner if I say so myself. Actually, Himself said so too, so not just myself, it was unaminous.

Status
Not open for further replies.