What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I got out of the habit of posting here, as I got out of the habit of cooking. But going to try to get back on track, both making decent meals, and posting here.

Three nights ago I made mushroom pizzas on naan bread. Made 4, had 1 for lunch the next day, then froze 2.

Two nights ago I made rice and beans. Made 4 servings, so put 3 in the freezer.

Last night mushroom and edamame fried rice. Second serving of that tonight.

Tomorrow's supposed to rain, so I'll being staying in, so may make crockpot baked beans.
(I know the idea of a crockpot is to let it cook while you're away, but that idea makes me nervous, so I only use it when I'm going to be around all day)

Box of Rain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another scorcher of a day, so I wanted to make something really easy.

So I grilled up some Koobideh kabobs, which I served on sangak bread with dilled persian cucumber in a yogurt sauce, tomatoes, onions, and Syrian oregano (from my garden).

Desmond got a raw chicken (wing) drumette and watching him chow down on that was our dinnertime entertainment.

I think my brain is baking in this heat. Too hot.

Bill

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
While I was in the kitchen yesterday, I threw together a bit of potato salad. And then Rick brought down the last of our corn for the season. I saved two of the nicest ears I could find and we had the corn, potato salad, and sloppy joes for dinner last night. A bit of strawberry shortcake for dessert; I still have some muffins leftover.

We're going to the farmers' market this morning, so likely we will have a hot sausage sandwich for our lunch, followed by ice cream at our local ice cream place. I doubt we'll have dinner tonight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tilapia - cut fillet leangthwise along seam, dust with flour, dip in beaten egg, then bread crumbs. Set aside for 10 minutes for coating to "set." Film a hot frying pan with oil. Add coated pieces of fish, brown, turn, brown second side. Plate up with a wedge of lime on the side.

Serve with basmati rice and microwave steamed broccoli.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tilapia - cut fillet leangthwise along seam,
WAIT, WHAT??? Fish has a seam? I've been missing something all these years...

Lunch was enchiladas...very OK-ish, but not bad. I haven't a clue about dinner. Whatever is on top of the pile in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.