What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot remember the exact name of it, but it was something like; Swiss Lorraine, low fat Swiss cheese-- or Lorraine Swiss...
Yes, Lorraine Swiss is my go to cheese if I'm melting it on a sandwich or adding it to scrambled eggs. Here are the nutrition facts:
Eat This Much, your personal diet assistant

Not overly hungry for dinner tonight probably because it's very humid out. I may have something simple like fruit and yogurt with a slice of the raisin walnut bread from the farmer's market.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plain jook might also help :) It's purported cure all for many things. 🍲

I had a veggie lo mein grab and go meal from the supermarket. Too salty and greasy and just meh. I also had leftover green beans and steamed corn.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boiled some fingerling potatoes,cooked some fresh green beans from the garden and grilled a few bratwurst for dinner.I want to thank everyone for all of your help and suggestions with the low fat cheese.Target only carries it out in the bootheel of MO I'm sad to say,as there is a Target in Springfield.I will check there anyway,just because retail can be not exactly accurate with their on hand info.There's also a big deli down there and I'm going to have my son check that out to see what they have.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was an omelet with Colby cheese, There's one Mom's Meal left in the fridge before I go back to Instacart tomorrow, and for the life of me, I don't remember what it is!

HOWEVER...it is now ridiculously hot and humid here. We're having temp in the high 80s and low 90s, with humidity higher than the temps! I'm thinking about ordering salad makings and sandwich stuff this next week! I'd trade a small, redundant body part for a couple of really good home-grown tomatoes!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I had a sliced deli roasted pork and cheese sandwich on Italian Scali bread, with brown mustard... so good..
and ear of corn--a bit too early for really sweet corn, but very tender... and a small peach. Produce from Farmers market..
slice pork from deli..
Got more than my share of sodium yesterday., from the pork.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those burgers? Yeah, didn't happen. Rick was at two different public sales. He did come home in time, but then he didn't feel like making them. And he doesn't like me to make them. So we had toasted cheese sandwiches with a bit of salad.

If he doesn't make the burgers tonight, I will, regardless of what he says. I'm not having ground beef go to waste.
I should just stop posting what we're "supposed" to have for dinner; it doesn't always work out.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone from the La Leche League made and brought over a couple of full sized homemade chicken pot pies made with almond milk and no peas for me because of the hard time I've been having lately. So I heated one up and it was delicious.
20220717_182037.jpg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lari Lari Oh yum!

We did have the burgers last night, topped with Asiago. I took out a small container of baked beans from the freezer. And I tried my first ever Bloomin' Onion in the NFG. We didn't really care for the breading/topping; I'm going to work on making my own. The dipping sauce was good and the onion was done perfectly. Will try again.

Just put the turkey breast into its brine for the rest of the morning/afternoon. Turkey breast in the NFG (5-in-1 main pan). Just not sure what I want to make with it. I'm leaning toward potato salad or pasta salad as I really don't want to do even some of the traditional T-Day feast in this weather. We have leftover beans in the fridge from yesterday. An apple pie from the freezer is in the oven as I need to get rid of apple pies to make room in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.