What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was fish and chips. It was, surprisingly, good. I have not had fried food for a long time. I enjoyed this meal. I had a slice of watermelon leftover from the b-b-q the night before.

Made myself some Boston burger today and turned it into burgers,baked some oven fries and made a small tomato,onion and cucumber salad to go with.
What is a Boston Burger? I am right outside Boston, and never heard of it.❓

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Near as I can tell, God invented tofu so vegetarians know what it's like to eat Spam.
I've never had Spam, but I have had other canned meat, and didn't really care for it. Maybe that's why I don't care for tofu. :dunno:

Last night I had the rest of the pasta from the night before.
Tonight might be black bean veggie burger.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thick-cut pork chops brining now to be grilled in the NFG. It's been forever since we had corn fritters. I mentioned them to Dear Richard and he was all for them, so I'll be making corn fritters. We have them with maple syrup.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A local bakery sets up a table at the farmer's market every week. I browsed the last time I went but nothing appealed to me. And the prices were :eek3: And the line was so long. No idea how people can afford expensive baked bread and cookies.
You should move here, lol. :wink: Although I'll admit some vendor prices can be higher the majority are reasonable especially the one who has the bread I like. They let you pre-order so you know there will be a bread when you get there and it avoids having to worry they might sell out which has happened to me before.

Leftover pizza from the other night for dinner with a salad. I'm really looking forward to it. 🍕

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was fish and chips. It was, surprisingly, good. I have not had fried food for a long time. I enjoyed this meal. I had a slice of watermelon leftover from the b-b-q the night before.

What is a Boston Burger? I am right outside Boston, and never heard of it.❓
Where I live,they call a ground mix of half beef and half pork "Boston burger",and we're rather fond of it.To me it's like ground beef only better.I had ground beef already,and took a package of boneless pork chops cut in cubes and ground it in my food processor.Then I mixed the 2 together.Makes the best burgers (in our opinion) but also meatloaf or whatever else you'd use hamburger for.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried and tried to convince myself to like tofu, with notable lack of success. Near as I can tell, God invented tofu so vegetarians know what it's like to eat Spam.

What? No cheese? ~collapses in a whimpering pile of goo~

Lunch was scrambled egg, pancakes, and apple crisp. Dinner will be a cheeseburger.
Well...I know.We've kinda cut back on his cheese consumption,which means I have as well.I've been looking for a low fat cheese....used to be one called alpine lace and it was pretty good,but I'm not finding it,and actually none.So,I may have to give in and get some.He'll just have to limit himself.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
.I've been looking for a low fat cheese....used to be one called alpine laSo,I may have to give in and get some.He'll just have to limit himself.
I remember Alpine Lace cheese, I really liked it. 👍 I wonder if some of the smaller deli type stores in your area might have it. You peeked my curiosity so I'm going to look for it here the next time I go shopping.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember Alpine Lace cheese, I really liked it. 👍 I wonder if some of the smaller deli type stores in your area might have it. You peeked my curiosity so I'm going to look for it here the next time I go shopping.
There are just 2 grocery stores here in town and neither one have any kind of low fat cheese,so,I guess when we go to Springfield,I'll check some there...or I can have my son check as they shop and let me know.I have a feeling it's kind of a lost cause,but we'll check anyway.And I agree...it was really good cheese!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well if I was a meat eater I would like spam because I love tofu.
SIGH...now I have to walk back what I said. I don't really object to the taste of either (although Spam is VERY salty). It is the texture. I have to admit that I have a friend who makes batter-dipped, deep fried Spam that really is good. I'm wondering if I might like tofu cooked the same way?

Lunch was eggs scrambled with green and red peppers, onions, and cheese. It was a little on the runny side (the peppers, I'm sure), but tasted great, so I'm good. Dinner will be beef with pepper gravy over penne pasta.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I haven't seen Alpine Lace around here, either. It wasn't bad at all and we used to buy it.

Tonight we'll have Rick's burgers on the grill. I took baked beans out of the freezer (regular baked beans, not crock pot beans) to go with.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neither one have any kind of low fat cheese
I think Mozzarella is lower in fat, especially the part skim. Tastes great melted! They have shredded too, at Walmart.

I have a friend who makes batter-dipped, deep fried Spam that really is good. I'm wondering if I might like tofu cooked the same way?
Yes, tofu is kind of plain tasting, it will take on the taste of whatever sauce you put on it. Kind of like a sponge. Ha!

I think we are having pancakes tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked up Alpine Lace on the Land o' Lakes website. They still produce it, but it is not supplied at many grocery chains.

I was in my local Grocery Store, to pick up some more cheese at the deli. I saw a different version of it. I cannot remember the exact name of it, but it was something like; Swiss Lorraine, low fat Swiss cheese-- or Lorraine Swiss...
I was thinking of trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.