What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, both.
Can we have more details please? What kind of grill and what is the process/timing?

A grilled cheese and pineapple sandwich.
Wow, you're branching out! That looks exciting. I'll have to try it. I don't like crushed pineapple, but sliced would probably work.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can we have more details please? What kind of grill and what is the process/timing?
I was at someone else's place, so wasn't really in charge of the cooking. It was a propane barbecue. Don't know what temp it was turned too. And not sure how long it cooked. I do know we checked it with a (clean) meat thermometer, and it was past the temp required for beef burgers. Sorry I can't be more specific with the details.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we did a hoagie pizza in the pizza oven on the grill. It was just grated Parm right on the crust, followed by shredded lettuce, minced tomatoes, and a bit of chopped ham (from our Easter ham.....it had been frozen in food saver bag, so it's fine) with mozz on top. Quite good! I sprinkled some oregano on it, too. No sauce.

Tonight will be simple BLTs, not with tomatoes from the garden, unfortunately. They're not ready yet.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, both. :)

Last night I tried something different. A grilled cheese and pineapple sandwich. It was just ok. Possibly canned pineapple would have been better/sweeter than fresh. :dunno:

View attachment 425031

I'm thinking I may have the same tonight, using a Yves veggie hot dog.
You know...that's something I have never tried is a veggie dog.Are they good?I've been curious but haven't taken that step yet.They've got to be healthier than the standard,yes?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been eating most of my meals in my room the last few weeks as they had very little to offer me. Last night they gave me 2 slices of pizza and tonight they gave me a little dab of raisin and carrot salad, corn and lima beans and 6 tiny thin sliced fried potatoes. I ate the raisin salad and left the rest. I went to my room and cooked a Amy's arborio rice and mushroom risotto bowl with some green beans. It was pretty good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know...that's something I have never tried is a veggie dog.Are they good?I
Yes! I love them. The fake vegetarian meats have gotten so much better and more realistic. The hot dogs, fish, chicken, bacon all taste like the real thing. Veggie Burgers are hit or miss, but the other stuff is surprisingly realistic. I see no reason for me to eat animals ever again.

We had a gluten free/vegan Daiya frozen pizza. It was okay, but not as good as the Freschetta one.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You know...that's something I have never tried is a veggie dog.Are they good?I've been curious but haven't taken that step yet.They've got to be healthier than the standard,yes?
Keeping in mind that I haven't had a regular hot dog in 13+ years, I think the veggie dogs are very similar.

This is the ones I buy: Yves veggie hot dogs

One thing I do notice, is they don't "puff" up as much as they cook, possibly due to lower fat content. As to being healthier, maybe, but since they're also a processed food, maybe not.

Here's what google says:

1656893846441.png

Are Vegan Hot Dogs Healthy? Everything You Need to Know – I Am Going Vegan.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight's supper will be Delmonico steaks that Dear Richard will grill. I took some crock pot beans out of the freezer and will make a couple devilled eggs. A very small seven-layer salad (lettuce, onions, celery, tomatoes, peppers, peas, and shredded cheese, "frosted" with a mayo-based salad dressing. Hot milk sponge cake with a chocolate frosting. And iced tea.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
tsukemen style ramen with a meat miso dipping broth

:drool: :yummy: Did you make it or did you buy it? There's a ramen place by work that is supposed to be good. They're only open in the evenings though so I haven't had a chance to try it.

Just Shake and Bake chicken tonight. I still have blueberry crumble bars for dessert.

Last edited:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:drool: :yummy: Did you make it or did you buy it? There's a ramen place by work that is supposed to be good. They're only open in the evenings though so I haven't had a chance to try it.

Just Shake and Bake chicken tonight. I still have blueberry crumble bars for dessert.
made it myself the dipping broth so its not as good as you could at a real ramen place :biggrin:taste ok and still fun trying to figure it out though

Status
Not open for further replies.