What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Deli grilled chicken with barbecue sauce, cucumber salad, the last of the cornbread. I learned some thing about barbecue sauce last week. For years I have been buying big name barbecue sauce - Famous Dave’s, Ken Davis, Baby Rays etc. but last week the store had Heinz barbecue sauce on sale for $2 and I figured it was worth a try. I loved it. Just as flavorful as those others at half the cost.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, if we only posted "interesting meals," I'd never post at all! I'm still doing about 80% microwaveable meals, since I don't have much energy at all, and standing is an issue. The bar stool really helps, but not for every single day. Most of the time all I can manage is heat and eat!

For lunch, I had the bitty nuggets and smiling potatoes. Dinner...ah, now there's the question. Probably whatever is on top of the pile in the freezer, but it might be a breakfast sandwich. I have English muffins, I have cheese, I have eggs, and I have sausage patties. And that said, some evil part of me way down deep is whispering, "Just heat up all the sausage patties and once and EAT THEM UP!"

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was a nice surprise. I poured the little bit of Amy's soup I had leftover on a few pieces of cornbread in a bowl, added spices and melted some cheese on top in the microwave. It turned into stuffing! It tasted just like a dry stuffing, the cornbread & cheese sucked up all the soup. Yummy.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think I figured out why those smiley face potatoes are creepy to me. They remind me of those old Giggles cookies with the faces that are supposed to be happy looking but are just creepy :fear:
GOOD GRIEF!!! You're right! The Gigggles cookies always reminded me of a Batman super villain!

Lunch was chicken Alfredo with broccoli. Dinner may well be Campbell's Chunky chicken pot pie soup.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got purple snow peas from the farmer's market along with blueberries and strawberries. Still a lot of early season veggies available: radishes, broccoli, garlic scapes, onions, potatoes, etc. I'm hoping corn will be available soon.

I tossed the snow peas into a steamer basket on top of my rice cooker. The peas turned the rice purple :lol: The snow peas taste different from regular green ones. Not bad, just different. I prefer the purple snap peas I got last time to the snow peas.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He wanted to have the meatball sandwiches again,which I guess that means they were a hit!Fine with me,and I made myself a small salad.I made him a blackberry cobbler yesterday,too,and I was pleased that it turned out well and was pretty much fat free...maybe a bit more sugar than I should have used but those berries were tart!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a 'grill day" downstairs.. Nothing really good: I got a hot dog.. and a small grilled chicken tender, which was so dry.. threw that out.. and some coleslaw. Did not feel like watermelon or corn. I had some pretzels and an orange for dessert.
My dinner salad, will be my lunch for today. I got some chicken salad with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.