What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The weather cooled off yesterday so I made veggie chili for dinner and now we have leftovers. Strawberries for dessert.
For Father's Day we went out to a late brunch so we were too filled up to eat dinner. Pesto spinach flatbread, veggie frittata with fingerling potatoes and a giant cinnamon roll for dessert. The cinnamon roll was served warm with a vanilla glaze. :yummy:

IMG_1560.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ken's country French salad dressing
I love that red french dressing! Pizza Hut used to serve that on the salad bar when I worked there many years ago. I don't think they still have the salad bar. I never tried cooking with the dressing, I'll have to try that sometime.

think J was a little unsure.
What flavor frozen yogurt did she get? Did she like it? She might like regular ice cream better. Did she like the macaroni salad?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What flavor frozen yogurt did she get? Did she like it? She might like regular ice cream better. Did she like the macaroni salad?
We got vanilla and peanut butter with sprinkles on top. She won't be able to have real ice cream until she passes straight milk, so I figured it was the next best thing.

She's okay with macaroni salad, but devoured the whole hot dog and really wanted potato chips. I made the mistake of letting her have one, and then she was upset I wouldn't give her more. It's just too much salt for her right now, unfortunately.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonite was leftovers from yesterday....he had a burger and half of a country style rib and some mac salad.I had the same but made myself a small salad instead of the macaroni.Neither one of us has had dessert yet but I think I'm going to have some grapes.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cut some end-of-ham into lardon-like pieces. Cut the meat off the last 2 spare ribs from the small end of the rack (haggled it off, more like it). Set aside.

Diced some onion and sweet red pepper, sauteed in olive oil. Added the meat, turned down heat, added a splash of water and covered the pot.

Re-heated yesterday's left over rice. Microwaved some fresh broccoli.

Plated up and called it dinner. And it was good.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was shocked when I saw the prices for burgers at McDonalds and Burger King. Getting close to $10!!! I remember when nothing on the menu was over $3!!!
LOL, You're a McDonalds newbie, Darlin. When I first started going to McDonalds, I got a hamburger, fries, and coke, AND got change back for my ONE DOLLAR BILL. Of course, I won't tell you what the minimum wage was then! You worked about the same number of minutes at minimum wage then to pay for it as you do now.

Tonight's lunch was a can of Campbell's Chunky chicken pot pie soup. Fairly tasty, all things considered. Dunno about supper yet. I may just have three chocolate chip cookies, and call it done. I'm still VERY full from the soup!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's okay with macaroni salad, but devoured the whole hot dog and really wanted potato chips. I made the mistake of letting her have one, and then she was upset I wouldn't give her more. It's just too much salt for her right now, unfortunately.
It must of been a Lay's potato chip. Nobody can eat just one. She has good taste.

Last night they gave me a tiny amount of black bean and corn salad and 2 pieces of plant based fish I gave them to cook for me. The fish was not very good and I only took a bite of it. I never liked fish but I wanted to try somthing different. I won't be buying that again. I also asked for a salad but never got it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It was a Ruffles, actually! Those are my husband's preferred for cookout food. I think the ridges help keep the French onion dip he likes on.
There are those of us who would maintain that the purpose of a chip is to carry the dip, because lapping it out of the bowl is so rude!

Tonight...I have no idea. Remember, my lunch is at midnight, and dinner is around 4 AM. Those are my only two meals, most of the time. HOWEVER....I woke wide awake today at noon, and knew I wouldn't be going back to sleep, so here I am. I may give up and have a couple of biscuits and a scrambled egg around 6-ish, just to keep my blood sugar from tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.