What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a REAL Roast Beef sandwich!! The roast beef was shaved, warm, with shaved lettuce, tomato.. So so Good!!
Prices doubled.. incredible. I have not purchased take out or dined in a restaurant for a while. I could not believe the price increase.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you go to Kelly's? I've gone to the one in the metro-west area before. Not sure if it's still there or not.

The roast turkey dinner was actually pretty good. The cranberry sauce was just tart enough. The turkey was a little on the dry side but the gravy helped.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a kitchen sink salad and put some of that fake crab in it...delish!We're going to visit the kids tomorrow so I made macaroni salad(they're grilling), an angel food cake and bought some asparagus.I'll stop at the store and get some cool whip and strawberries so we can have "shortcake."Sounds wonderful to me!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you go to Kelly's? I've gone to the one in the metro-west area before. Not sure if it's still there or not.
No, I did not go to Kelly's. I went to a small local, hole in the wall place. The original owner used to work at Kelly's.. either had a falling out, or decided to go on his own. It is Peters Roast Beef. It is a takeout place, with a small eat in area. So clean..
So much better than Kelly's.

It is not only myself, but many people feel that Kelly's has gone downhill--overpriced, and quality is not the same. Not really worth the hype.
Which is really strange for me to say, since I live right next to Kelly's!! I go there very occasionally--for a quick roast beef, when I do not feel like driving or for a quick overpriced cheeseburger. I refuse to buy clams there. When my dad was alive, I last got them; both of us got sick from the grease. I think things have changed a bit, but still so expensive.

I guess I am really old. I remember when I was in high school, spending my days on the beach. The cheeseburgers were
75 CENTS!! a plain hamburger was 60 CENTS!! A slice of pizza was 25 Cents!! Times have really changed.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cheeseburgers were 75 CENTS!!
I was shocked when I saw the prices for burgers at McDonalds and Burger King. Getting close to $10!!! I remember when nothing on the menu was over $3!!! I don't think I'll pay that much for fast food. That's the whole point, it's supposed to be cheap. I would rather buy half a sub, at least those are still cheap. At least for now...

Last night we had baked Vegetable, Bean, Cheese, Penne Alfredo. I had a piece of gluten free yellow cake with it. I don't really like cake, but this tasted better because of the coconut sugar and pineapple chunks in it. I really like this coconut sugar!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've probably mentioned this menu before but it is delicious - shrimp and fresh pineapple skewers with some Ken's country French salad dressing slathered on before broiling, fresh asparagus cut and zapped in the microwave, basmati rice.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,the kids fixed us a feast and we brought home plenty of leftovers!The strawberry shortcakes were awesome too!She bought one of those counter top smokeless indoor grills and that thing is wonderful...did a great job on all that she grilled.No smoke in the house,meat was moist and juicy...I was impressed (had never seen one before except on tv) and she was so happy it performed so well.Our son was pretty skeptical but changed his tune.Great day!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheeseburgers on the grill, a hot dog for J, with cole slaw, macaroni salad, and ruffles.

And since I'm saying J passed yogurt and fathers got a free cup, we walked to this frozen yogurt place and got dessert. I think J was a little unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.