What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At the price of gasoline, I hate to drive there, just for an ice cream.
But...but...it isn't "just for ice cream." It is for the peace, and the enjoyment of watching the birds, seeing the light across the marsh. That's worth a fortune, all for the price of less than a gallon of gas (ice cream not included). GO FOR IT!

Lunch was itty bitties and smilies...again. What can I say, I've developed a taste for them! Dinner will be...well, I need to use up some sausage gravy, so I guess biscuits and sausage gravy.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This but with a few substitutions: Spinach, Lima Bean & Crispy Pancetta Pasta Edamame instead of lima beans, regular boxed pasta instead of fresh spinach pasta, watercress instead of baby spinach. The edamame and boxed pasta I have already. The (lousy) supermarket near me did not have any spinach so I'm using watercress. The chain supermarket has never been very good even before the pandemic but the independent grocery store had tons of fresh produce and other things. Now that grocery store is closed :( Memo to me: better plan out meals ahead of time and stop by the supermarket near work for a better selection of produce.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, that looks so good. I need to start making my stir-fries again. I just haven't felt well enough to cook much. Hopefully I can get back into it.

Last night was Gardein Crispy Tenders on a bun, with some fries
Any condiments?

Lunch: Finished up those Pico De Gallo Tortilla Chips with Salsa and Shredded Colby Jack Cheese. I put it all in the microwave for 2 minutes and it exploded all over even though it was covered. What a pain to clean! Toaster oven is broke, so couldn't put it in there. Chips got soggy in microwave.

Dinner: Huge Dinner Plate Salad-- Lettuce, Cucumber, Walnuts, Sliced Almonds, Dried Cranberries, Flax/Chia, Target Organic White Tortilla Chips, 1 Aldi Veggie Burger Diced Up, 1 Slice Gouda Cheese, 1/4 Cup Thousand Islands Dressing. Didn't like the veggie burger microwaved, but I was too tired to cook it.

Finished up the Flax/Chia. I don't really like it ground, but I heard that it's useless whole and passes right through you. Tastes better whole though.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We ate out at a vegan restaurant for lunch - I had a bowl with portobello mushrooms, mixed greens, basmati rice, spicy slaw, tomatoes, roasted corn & peppers, black beans and pickled onions, balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I wasn't too hungry for dinner and since DKB Raisin' the Roof bread was on sale I made a peanut butter and preserves sandwich on it. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like neely neely , my husband and I went out for lunch yesterday while my in-laws watched J, and I had seafood paella which was really filling, so I wasn't super hungry. So I had one of my little Boomerang steak and potato pies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a bowl with portobello mushrooms, mixed greens, basmati rice, spicy slaw, tomatoes, roasted corn & peppers, black beans and pickled onions, balsamic vinaigrette on the side.
That sounds so good if it was warm. Was it a warm or cold bowl?

peanut butter and preserves sandwich
What flavor of preserves?

a dragon roll
That sounds spicy!

I should have gotten a small.
When I was a kid we always ordered a small ice cream because they really heap it on. We ordered large once and it was the same size! So after that we just ordered small.

I had a pasta bake--penne, tomatoes, onions, garlic, eggs, ricotta, shredded mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, Salt, White Pepper. It was okay, but my mother really overcooks the gluten free pasta. It was so mushy and practically dissolved. If you ask her to cook it less, she just screams and calls you names. The tomatoes smelled so good! They were that Cento brand that everybody likes. I added Crushed Red Pepper to spice it up.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Early afternoon I made potato salad - boiled potatoes, dressed while still hot with mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, sugar. Added diced celery, sliced black olives, capers. Then refrigerated.

Next, made coleslaw. Very plain - finely sliced green cabbage, Marie's coleslaw dressing. refrigerated.

For dinner I made hamburgers in a cast iron frying pan so they'd sear and brown really well. Served on a bun.

Summertime, right.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had spanish rice and black bean corn salad. They rarely have beans here and it was such a tiny amout they gave us. When they do have beans it is always baked beans and it has pork which I won't eat. Beans and rice are a staple for vegetarians and that was the first time they had beans and rice together in the 2 years I've been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.