What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom More often we eat tilapia. Our daughter and son-in-law have a friend with an online high end sea food business. They gave us a gift card. We decided on scallops, enough for a couple of meals, as the most cost efficient way of using it (rather than wild salmon, Chilean sea bass, etc - which I'm sure would have been delicious too.) The scallops were so huge that 3 apiece were enough for our "old folks" appetites.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're going into town here in a bit to search for banana pepper plants,so I think we're going to stop at Sonic.He said something about wanting a chocolate shake.....a grilled chicken sandwich sounds good to me!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Supper was: maple glazed salmon, with garlic green beans. Chicken soup in refrigerator for tomorrow. I also had a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
They had baby baked potatoes also.. not for me.

The pot roast did not look so good...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After seeing this: I WANT Scallops!! but so darn expensive.....
Me too :sigh: Before the independent grocery store closed last fall and before the pandemic started, they used to have a local seafood purveyor set up a tent once a week in the parking lot to sell fresh seafood. One of the items I used to buy was scallop Nantucket. It was at least a dozen medium sized scallops in a chessey sauce and covered in garlic bread crumbs. It was soooo good.

The last Shake and Bake chicken for dinner tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished up my last bagel from like 2 years ago when the pandemic started. That was way too long to keep them in the freezer, they were really freezer burnt, covered with ice, and hard as a rock!

Made a sammich with the bagel, Aldi Veggie Burger, Lettuce, Tomato, Pico De Gallo Tortilla Chips, and 1/4 Cup Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. The Hummus was really good on a sammich! I see why some of you guys like it. I forgot to put cheese on my sammich! Bummer. That would have been added protein.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The Hummus was really good on a sammich! I see why some of you guys like it.
Take it from me, once you start putting hummus on your sandwich you won't be able to eat without it. 😉

The company who makes the hummus we really like has discontinued it. DH called their customer service # and they said both Sabra and them have had to discontinue some of their flavors. :frown: Now I'll have to be in search of a new hummus.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
it was predicted to be in the 90's today.. naw... The fog has been here all day. The temp is 63 degrees... cold, very damp.
Now they are predicting it to be hot tonight and tomorrow... Who knows...

I was planning on getting another ice cream, but it is too chilly for me to go out to get it.
I cannot drive, due to the fact that I will probably lose my parkings pot. We are parking on the street as our parking lot is being re-striped today.

I did not have much of an appetite... just munching on stuff... bored, cuddling with Geoffrey a lot, on top of my bed.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it was predicted to be in the 90's today.. naw... The fog has been here all day. The temp is 63 degrees... cold, very damp.
Now they are predicting it to be hot tonight and tomorrow... Who knows...

I said pretty much the same in the What's The Weather and Temperature Like thread. You know how the weather is like around here :crazy:

Mmm... ice cream... There are no ice cream shops near me :sigh: Sure, the supermarket has freezers full of ice cream but it's not the same. The grocery store, before they closed, used to stock a few different brands of locally made ice cream. One of the brands was made with Jersey cow milk so it was extra rich and creamy :yummy:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there is a soft serve ice cream store front, 3 doors down for me. My apartment is facing it. Not good for me...

I really want real ice cream. There is a great take out about 10 miles from me. I love it there. Hand made ice cream, soft serve, slush, Sherbet, thick milk shakes (frappes), non-dairy, made with coconut milk, and now making raspberry lime Rickeys!! OMG... shades of my childhood. I could have one of each. I really like plain vanilla soft serve and good ice cream, with chocolate jimmies. Or the raspberry lime rickey, or lime sherbet... or non dairy...

At the price of gasoline, I hate to drive there, just for an ice cream. But it is peaceful.. you can sit at tables, or in the car.. and look at the trees, birds.. It borders a marsh..

I hate to keep a pint in my freezer because, once I start, I eat the entire pint!! not good.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a Ben and Jerry's near work but that's not helpful when I'm not at work. There is a local ice cream shop the next town over. When the farmer's market opens next month, I think I'm going to have to stop by the ice cream shop and buy a pint (or two...) of ice cream.

Dinner was a beef stew thing I took out of the freezer.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: 3 Slices Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 1TB Butter, 1TB Tart Cherry Fruit Spread, 2TB Peanut Butter, About 1/4 Cup Pico De Gallo Tortilla Chips.

Dinner: Veggie Bean Pasta Alfredo Bake, and I crumbled up an Aldi Veggie Burger and mixed it in for protein, Crumbled a few Pico De Gallo Tortilla Chips on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.