What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm curious what you thought of the chocolate chip pancake!
They were pretty good. Not sure that I would ever request them, but they are okay.

I had another hummus and lettuce sandwich.
That bread looks delicious. Your hummus is really white. Mine is more orangish.

Dinner: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 1/4 Cup Hellmann's Vegan Spread, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, 2 Vegetarian Nuggets.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that why they give you less food than others?
No, they don't know about my stomach surgery. Sometimes they give me too much food.

Saturday I had pizza delivered for dinner. I also ordered some breaded fried mushrooms, a cheese sub and cole slaw. I ate the mushrooms and coleslaw on Saturday and had the sub for lunch on Sunday. I froze the pizza and will eat it later. For dinner last night I had tator tots and corn on the cob. It had very little nutition but it was good.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, after watching the kite festival on the beach.. I just needed Beach Food... It was either a roast beef sandwich, a cheeseburger, or a couple slices of pizza. The pizza won out. It was good timing--not busy. Instead of getting just a couple of slices, I ordered an entire pizza. It was so good. I was taking with the guys, it is an open kitchen take out area.. I asked them to make it extra special for me. They did such a good job.. It was delicious! I have some left over for tonight or tomorrow, and I will freeze a couple of slices. I was a piggy and ate 3 slices, last night!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm planning to made Naan pizzas tonight. And if the salad is still good, will have some on the side.

That bread looks delicious. Your hummus is really white. Mine is more orangish.
The bread is the DKB clone Costco sell. Hmmm... wonder what is in your hummus that makes it orange-y. :headscratch:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It just so happens DH bought three fresh onion rolls this morning. We buy them individually from an independent small grocery store that has it's own bakery. I took a pic just for you.
neely neely : I almost forgot to say thanks for posting the pic. It looks edible. LOL. I'll have to keep an eye out for them around here.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner last night they had chicken & noodle soup, tuna salad on croissant or ham sandwich, southern vegetable salad, potato chips and chocolate cream pie.

I asked for the southern vegetable salad (which turned out to be 3 bean salad) and some veggy meat balls. After every one else was served the server told me that they did not have any of the veggy meatballs left. They come 12 to a bag and I only had one serving of them (3) a few days ago. I don't know what could of happen to the rest of them. I then asked for the salad and a grilled cheese. She brought a small bowl of the salad but I never received the grilled cheese. I asked again for the grilled cheese. I went to the lounge to talk to the lady at the front desk and about an hour later I finally got the sandwich. I give up trying to get anything to eat here. They are suppose to take us to Walmart this morning and I am going to buy my own food and eat in my room.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
coleslaw on Saturday
I don't like coleslaw by itself, but I do like it on a sammich!

a couple slices of pizza.
I always eat 2 slices of pizza. But when I get pizza by the slice, I only order one slice. I have no idea why!

Hmmm... wonder what is in your hummus that makes it orange-y.
Roasted Red Pepper maybe?

tuna salad on croissant or ham sandwich
They should have given you a veggie & cheese sammich on that croissant! Not to be mean, but they are morons! It's not that hard to feed a vegetarian, just minus the meat. If I can do it, anybody can. They aren't even trying.

Dinner last night: Veggie Sammich on Dad's Homemade Bread Untoasted, 3TB Hellmann's Vegan Spread, 1TB Buffalo Wing Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, 4 squares of Price Chopper Extra Sharp Cheese Cuts. This Hellmann's vegan spread is bland. Vegenaise is much better. The buffalo wing sauce was too vinegary for pouring on food, I will just stick to putting it on my veggie nuggets.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
After every one else was served the server told me that they did not have any of the veggy meatballs left. They come 12 to a bag and I only had one serving of them (3) a few days ago. I don't know what could of happen to the rest of them.
I would be fuming if that happened to me. I know you might think it's pointless but can you tell them if they don't have your veggie meatballs and you only had one serving that you want to be reimbursed for what they cost you? I'm really sorry you are still having these problems with the meal service. 🤗

Status
Not open for further replies.