What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was so surprised to find DKB Raisin' the Roof bread on sale for a great price today, only $2.87. I toasted a slice with butter when I came home so I'm not too hungry for dinner. I think I'll just make a veggie salad with another slice of DKB.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's something frozen in a container that's unlabeled (think it might be pasta sauce). I'll thaw it and have that for dinner. Wish me luck!
Thawed it in the microwave and found out it is spaghetti sauce. Further prospecting in the freezer turned up a chunk of frozen lasagna, so I'll put some of the sauce on the lasagna tomorrow. My lasagna always ends up a little dry anyway, so the sauce will help it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so surprised to find DKB Raisin' the Roof bread on sale for a great price today, only $2.87.
That is a good price! I paid over $5 for their bread I think.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich
Dinner: Finished up that casserole, added salt, pepper, sriracha sauce, Santitas Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips. I poured the chips over my plate and half the bag came out. I won't do that again!

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We had chicken and veggie stir fry.

Groceries jumped quite a bit here this week. I spent $57 on what feels like nothing. I went for a few fill-ins of random items and BOGOs and don't have a cohesive meal to show for it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had that chicken with "stuffing" and mashed potatoes again. I do not call cubed bread "stuffing," myself. More like "chicken on cubed toast with gravy." Supper will be sesame chicken, if I can open it (gigglesnort).

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinnr last night I had vegetable soup, carrots, roasted potatoes and they cooked some of my meatless meatballs for me. It was wonderful. One of the servers told me to bring my food down and they would cook it for me. I brought some sausage ( links and paddies) meatballs, chicken strips and hot dogs down with me last night. She said I would have to tell them in advance what I wanted and the cook would cook it for me. I'ts going to be a problem letting them know what I want in advance but it's a start. There are still going to be times when I just want to stay in my room and eat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Banza White Cheddar Shells Chickpea Mac & Cheese.
When you guys make boxed Mac & Cheese do you rinse it when draining? The box said to rinse it. Also, how long do you stir after adding the milk and butter? It didn't tell me whether to leave the stove on while stirring or not, so I shut it off, and it was cold! So I guess I need to leave it on. I wish they would tell you these things! It was pretty good, other than being cold and underseasoned.
I was trying to hold onto the strainer instead of setting it in the dirty sink, but I burnt myself, then I jerked my arms back and the pasta water went all over my clothes and the counter! I need a strainer with legs on it, so I can put in sink without washing it.
1643403125985.png

One of the servers told me to bring my food down and they would cook it for me.
That's wonderful! :clap2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't normally, but I wonder if it's something with it being chickpea pasta, like how you're supposed to rinse rice.

You could probably leave the heat on low while mixing in the milk and butter. Usually the heat of the pot is enough to melt the butter.

Hope your burn aren't too bad!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When you guys make boxed Mac & Cheese do you rinse it when draining? The box said to rinse it.
I don't, but I only make the boxed Kraft Dinner, which is regular pasta. Possibly the chickpea kind requires rinsing.

Also, how long do you stir after adding the milk and butter? It didn't tell me whether to leave the stove on while stirring or not, so I shut it off, and it was cold! So I guess I need to leave it on. I wish they would tell you these things!
I leave the burner on low, and just stir till it's mixed. Though I will gently stir so the pasta on top, gets to the bottom of the pot where it's hotter.

I was trying to hold onto the strainer instead of setting it in the dirty sink, but I burnt myself, then I jerked my arms back and the pasta water went all over my clothes and the counter! I need a strainer with legs on it, so I can put in sink without washing it.
What type of strainer do you have?

Something like these:
1643408155414.png

Or one like this
1643408170844.png

I find the longer handled one, lets you keep it further from your hand/arm.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made a cornbread recipe from my daughter's neighbor to go with a large pot of veggie chili for tonight's dinner. I cut a small corner to sample after it came out of the oven. 😉 It's one of my favorite winter comfort meals. We'll have plenty of leftovers. Honeycrisp apples for dessert.

IMG_1409.jpeg IMG_1411.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lemon pepper chicken with rice pilaf, a grab and go meal from the supermarket near work.

Earlier in the morning I went to the supermarket near me to get groceries before the crazy shoppers showed up to hoard food for a one day snow storm :runaround::rolleyes3: Among other things, I bought ingredients for tomorrow's dinner Recipe: Slow Cooker Ravioli Lasagna

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover sesame cabbage slaw and a ham and fake cheese sandwich. J ate some fake cheese and a bit of ham, and spat out the slaw and bread.

But now she's eating a snack of a rice cake with almond butter on top. So that's something. She seems to be eating more later in the day than mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.