What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's nothing serious and your gf can get some rest and feel better in the morning. 🤗

Undecided about dinner tonight, probably just a bowl of soup and honeycrisp apple. DH is undecided too. :dunno:
thanks its probably just stress about her mom :biggrin:nothing wrong with a lil extra pampering and spoiling her when she needs it

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ordered sushi!!! Unagi rolls, a caterpillar roll and one sweet potato roll mostly with J in mind. Right now it seems like I need to hand her one tiny piece of food at a time because if she has several on the high chair tray, that's when things get flung on the floor.

Anyway, she likes sushi, and I'll continue to watch her for reactions.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was right to throw the arugula on the floor.
Hee hee. I like arugula on sammiches.

some wheat thins
I'm craving some wheat thins, I'll have to order some soon.

Anyway, she likes sushi, and I'll continue to watch her for reactions.
Babies can have raw fish?

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Peas, Lettuce, Celery, Pecans, Target Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips, 1 Slice Muenster Cheese, 3TB Ken's Honey Mustard Dressing, 1/4Tsp Australian Vegemite. I think I put too many different things on it, cause I didn't like it much.

Dinner: 2 Gluten Free Pancakes, 2TB Maple Syrup, 1TB Butter, 2 Aldi Vegetarian Tenders, 1TB Sweet & Sour Sauce

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Babies can have raw fish?
No, even in Japan they don't start them on raw fish until they're 3-5 or so. But not all sushi is raw. Unagi is barbequed eel, fully cooked. Sweet potato sushi is even vegetarian (and maybe vegan depending on the sauce). When we lived in Japan we almost lived on gas station sushi tuna rolls, lol. But it was cooked tuna, that's what little Japanese kids get too. There's egg sushi and cucumber sushi and all kinds of options.

I still haven't made that 40-clove-of-garlic chicken :rolleyes2: .

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Wrap your celery in foil; you'd be surprised how much longer it will last for you. And when it does go limp, throw it in a glass of water for a bit and it will crisp. Maybe not as crisp as before, but better than limp.
Thanks, but unless it will last from one Thanksgiving until the next one, I'm still stuck. HOWEVER, it does occur to me that Jazzie, the neighbor who is so good to me, also cooks a big meal on Thanksgiving! Maybe she'll sell me one rib! I bet she would!

Tonight's lunch was Southwestern bean and rice. Not entirely sure about supper yet. Maybe a pot pie.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unagi is barbequed eel, fully cooked.
Ewww! Isn't an eel similar to a seal?

Sweet potato sushi is even vegetarian (and maybe vegan depending on the sauce).
Cool. I would like to try the sweet potato, egg, and cucumber ones! No sushi places around here that I know of.

Last night I had Roasted Potato, Onion, Carrot, Garlic, Olive Oil mix, 2 Aldi Vegetarian Tenders, 2TB Sriracha Sauce, 2TB Ginger People Sweet Ginger Chili Sauce. This sauce was really good!

1643122074256.png

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Nope. Completely different species. Seals are mammals. Eels are ray-finned fish.

I have one more container of leftover one pot chicken and rice to finish off. Mom made bone broth and gave me a container so I'll have that too. I guess most people discard the cooked meat and other ingredients but I actually like to eat those :paperbag:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but unless it will last from one Thanksgiving until the next one, I'm still stuck. HOWEVER, it does occur to me that Jazzie, the neighbor who is so good to me, also cooks a big meal on Thanksgiving! Maybe she'll sell me one rib! I bet she would!

Tonight's lunch was Southwestern bean and rice. Not entirely sure about supper yet. Maybe a pot pie.
One of the grocers here was selling celery stalks individually. What a boon, I thought. Never saw them again (Oh, pooh!), but some stores sell a small package of stalks cut in half. That's not too bad, but I always have a few that get left over and need to be pitched.

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm super curious about what you're actually thinking of! An otter maybe? Sea lion? (That kinda sounds like eel if you say it fast.)

This is the kind of eel they use for unagi, they aren't much to look at but at least they don't look like morays! Morays are scary.

Warning! Eel on ice (presumably dead):
shapeimage_122.jpg

I had a can of chili with cheese and crackers again last night. Idk why I'm in such a chili kind of mood lately. Maybe it's the weather.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.