What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it doesn't taste like an omelette since it has it's own unique flavor and is served over rice
Huh...an omelet that doesn't taste like an omelet. Now I'm very curious!

Hash. Good way to use leftover stew.
How do you turn stew into hash? Cook off the liquid?

Lunch: Huge Dinner Plate Salad-- Lettuce, Cucumber, Bell Pepper, Onion, Walnuts, Dried Cranberries, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Cannellini Beans, Shredded Cheese, Target Organic Yellow Tortilla Chips, Ken's Honey Mustard Dressing.

Dinner: Leftover Cabbage Veggie Stew. I added too much half & half to it and made it too soupy, but it was still good. I also added Shredded Cheese, Salt, Black Pepper, Carolina Reaper superhot powder.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was packing up the remains of Thursday's dinner the cubes of beef went into one container, the extra potatoes that were not mashed went in another, and almost all of the gravy went into a third container.

Potatoes were slivered / diced and started cooking in a cast iron frying pan in a little oil. Beef cubes were slivered / diced to match and also added to the pan. Any small bits of gravy clinging to the beef just adds additional flavor but it is not a large amount.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had pot roast for lunch. Not sure what supper is...some sort of teriyaki, though. I do remember that.

I may make chili this week, since it's so...well...chilly! I have, between the pantry and the freezer, everything I need to make it, other than the get-up-and-go.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hamburgers with a bit of potato salad is on our menu tonight.

V vince I love perogies and haven't had them for a while. Now I'm hungry for them. I usually use Mrs. T's from the frozen food aisle. I've never made them from scratch.
I've made them, and for the quantity I can use, it isn't worth the effort. I don't have much freezer space to keep 'em, so I buy them when I want some. There is a large Polish-American community here, so fresh ones aren't all that hard to get.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but it's fairly active so I'm hoping someone might know.

I'm on a mission to use my instant pot more, and some recipes are calling for me to use a pressure safe ramekin or soufflé pan. I own some ramekins, but how do I know if they're pressure safe? Or do you have to go out and buy specific instant pot brand inserts? Thanks!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 wow! I have not bought pierogi from the Polish store in ages! I have not had them in ages— mouth drooling 🤤.

Today, I pulled; from the freezer, some marinated chicken breasts from Whole Foods. It was a “pixie dust” marinade— a bit spicy but not much.

I sautéed them stovetop, to finish cooking, around 20 minutes in the oven, at 375. A bit beyond the 260 mark, but still good!!

That and a salad for supper.

I have enough chicken for tomorrow, possibly the next day, with a huge 1/2 breast being frozen for later.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but it's fairly active so I'm hoping someone might know.

I'm on a mission to use my instant pot more, and some recipes are calling for me to use a pressure safe ramekin or soufflé pan. I own some ramekins, but how do I know if they're pressure safe? Or do you have to go out and buy specific instant pot brand inserts? Thanks!
I remember watching a video from Pressure Luck Cooking where Jeffrey makes Creme Brulee in the IP. I just checked. He uses regular ones. Skip to 4:11 to see him fill them and add them to the IP.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I stopped at a kosher deli this afternoon to buy a french onion bagel with chive cream cheese for dinner. I like bagels with cream cheese but don't eat them often so it tasted really good. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you guys put on your pierogies?

Finished up the Veggie Cabbage Stew, added 2 slices Muenster Cheese, salt, black pepper, Carolina Reaper superhot powder, and Target Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.