What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Where is Winchester Winchester ? She hasn't posted on TCS since last Friday.

I made Shake and Bake chicken on Sunday so I have that all week long. I tried the Bird's Eye Oven Roasters sweet potato and carrots and it was meh. There was barely 2 servings in the bag, the veggies were very uneven in size, and the seasoning was too salty for me. It's easy enough to make from scratch.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be fuming if that happened to me. I know you might think it's pointless but can you tell them if they don't have your veggie meatballs and you only had one serving that you want to be reimbursed for what they cost you? I'm really sorry you are still having these problems with the meal service. 🤗
I was furious the first time it happened. I went to the executive director and complained because the server said my food was thrown away. She went to the kitchen and they found my meatballs but not the rest of my food. It happened two more times after that happened so I just stopp.ed bringing my own food. The next time I want meatballs I'll bring 1 serving for them to cook at a time.

Tonight on the menu they had chicken noodle soup, caesar salad, pepperoni pizza or egg salad, spring fruit cup, breadsticks, and a chocolate chip cookie. They didn't have the fruit cup or the bread sticks so I just got the salad which was a tiny amout of lettuce and half of a cherry tomato. The rest of the people got soup, salad, 2 pices of pizza or a egg salad sandwich. It didn't look like it was very good and their portions look like they are getting smaller all the time

I went back to my room and had a Marie Callender meatless chick'n pot pie. It was good but it had almost a 1,000 calories.

I've been thinking about getting a private room for myselp because it is so diffcult to share a bathroom because my IBSD just keeps getting worse. I went to see the cheapest private room they had and it was smaller than the room I have now and it will cost $800.00 more a month. That is just outrages for the service we get here.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The next time I want meatballs I'll bring 1 serving for them to cook at a time.
That's a good idea, I hope it works! :thumbsup:

It didn't look like it was very good and their portions look like they are getting smaller all the time
I wonder if the portions are smaller to compensate for the price(s) of food going up. It's the same at the grocery stores, either they give you less food/paper goods for the same amount of money or they charge more. For example, the brand of preserves I like to buy used to cost $3.69 and now it costs $4.69, a whole dollar more. :eek:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a good idea, I hope it works! :thumbsup:

I wonder if the portions are smaller to compensate for the price(s) of food going up. It's the same at the grocery stores, either they give you less food/paper goods for the same amount of money or they charge more. For example, the brand of preserves I like to buy used to cost $3.69 and now it costs $4.69, a whole dollar more. :eek:
Yeah, I've noticed while the la croix and bubly type waters are the same price, you're only getting 8 cans instead of 12 per box.

I made those tofu vegetable dumplings for dinner.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure what I'm having tonight. Way to early to make that decision, as it depends on what I do with the rest of my day.

Where is Winchester Winchester Winchester Winchester ? She hasn't posted on TCS since last Friday.
I'd seen a thread about her going to be having cataract surgery, so maybe it's this week.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to make a veggie sammich out of cornbread. It seemed like a good idea, but it was an utter failure. I wish I could create stuff like you guys! Maybe when we get a new toaster oven I can start making casseroles again, if I feel well enough.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to make a veggie sammich out of cornbread. It seemed like a good idea, but it was an utter failure. I wish I could create stuff like you guys! Maybe when we get a new toaster oven I can start making casseroles again, if I feel well enough.
Was it too crumbly? I love cornbread, but I can't imagine the texture working well for a sandwich.

I don't really create things, just follow recipes. I made the buffalo chicken wraps tonight.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A friend brought me a bowl of beef stew, so I got all ambitious and made cornbread on my waffle iron, then ladled the stew over the cornbread waffle. It was lovely. Dunno what dinner will be yet. Something VERY light!!! Maybe scrambled eggs and a biscuit.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While searching in the freezer I found scallops. Also some foraged chicken of the woods mushrooms that were prepped with shallots and thyme. So last night we had
the scallops, simply seared in a pan
Dinner-Scallops_2022-05_scallops in pan.jpg

and plated up with a couple of scoops of rice, some of the mushrooms, reheated,
and skinny little local asparagus. Wedge of lime to squeeze over the scallops.
Dinner-Scallops_2022-05_plated up.jpg

Quite nice for a weeknight dinner, agreed?​

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
While searching in the freezer I found scallops. Also some foraged chicken of the woods mushrooms that were prepped with shallots and thyme. So last night we had
the scallops, simply seared in a pan
View attachment 420898

and plated up with a couple of scoops of rice, some of the mushrooms, reheated,
and skinny little local asparagus. Wedge of lime to squeeze over the scallops.
View attachment 420899
Quite nice for a weeknight dinner, agreed?​
After seeing this: I WANT Scallops!! but so darn expensive.....

Status
Not open for further replies.