What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had some scripts to pick up today,and a few things I needed to get,so as I was leaving the store,they had just put out some fresh lemon pepper rotisserie chicken,and I grabbed one.By the time we got home and things put away,that chicken was calling our name,so we had some,and some leftover cheesy scalloped potatoes,and I guess that was lunch and dinner both.If anybody wants something there's plenty to snack on.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork tenderloin, leftover. Diced meat relatively small and browned in a smidge of oil in frying pan. Set aside. Carrot, sliced / diced, sauteed in frying pan, set aside. Celery, sliced, sauteed, set aside. Baby bella mushrooms, cut in quarters, sauteed, lid on pan. When almost done added everyting else back to pan, add a scant ladle's worth of pasta water and returned lid to cover pot.

Cooked mini farfalle pasta. Tossed everything together. Served, and called it dinner. (Also called it good.)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Snack Plate- Target Saltine Crackers, Great Value Extra Sharp Cheddar both orange & white varieties, slices of Marketside Blue Cheese wedge, Pecans, Walnuts, Gala Apple Slices, 1TB Jiff Natural Peanut Butter, 1TB Eco Bee Farms Organic Honey, 1TB Honey Acres Cinnamon Honey, 1TB Great Value Horseradish Mustard.

I need a lesson on making snack plates. I mix too many flavors. I think I need to do either sweet or savory, but not both together.

Dinner: Field Roast Mac 'N Chao. I baked it in the toaster oven at 375. I didn't really care for it. Maybe a different temperature would have cooked it better. Added 1Tsp Habanero Hot Sauce.
1641435787512.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:biggrin:finally got to try that tamale spot had a chicken rajas tamale with a pork onealong beans ans that green colored rice this is me now
Pork, huh? Decided to loosen up that healthy diet a bit? :p

Lunch: Snack Plate- Target Saltine Crackers, Great Value Extra Sharp Cheddar both orange & white varieties, slices of Marketside Blue Cheese wedge, Pecans, Walnuts, Gala Apple Slices, 1TB Jiff Natural Peanut Butter, 1TB Eco Bee Farms Organic Honey, 1TB Honey Acres Cinnamon Honey, 1TB Great Value Horseradish Mustard.

I need a lesson on making snack plates. I mix too many flavors. I think I need to do either sweet or savory, but not both together.

Dinner: Field Roast Mac 'N Chao. I baked it in the toaster oven at 375. I didn't really care for it. Maybe a different temperature would have cooked it better. Added 1Tsp Habanero Hot Sauce.
View attachment 406734
Sorry you didn't love the mac n chao after my recommendation! To me, it's seemed the closest to the right texture/taste for real mac and cheese out of all the plant based ones I've had.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Maybe you just do not care for mac and cheese?? Could be that....
375 temp should have been correct to cook it at.. unless your oven is off... Do you have an oven thermometer?
Thinking it is just mac & cheese, in general.

I had nothing but junk yesterday..

Tonight, I have to make a salad with a hard boiled egg in it. I need/crave veggies.

Need to put the pork chops away in freezer. Going to live out of my freezer and pantry for the next couple weeks.
Covid, Omicron is on a rampage in the building... I fear we are not going to be able to protect ourselves from, eventually coming down with it... But we can try.. and not give up...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The subscription service billed the offering as Dan dan noodles, a Sichuan noodle dish. I wasn't expecting it to be authentic and it's not. It's a little disappointing because instead of sturdy lo mein type noodles, the not only used rice noodles but they also cut the noodles into half inch pieces. So basically the soft noodles are melted into the veggies and ground turkey :ohwell: Overall it's not bad. It's not spicy at all, another disappointment. They really need to stop using a whole sliced onion for each to go box. It's just a cheap filler that's annoying to pick out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Not at all! I don't put her face on here due to the public nature of the site. I'm trying to give her a little bit of privacy (my Facebook is friends only, so there's a lot more pictures there), but I'll put something up once in a while. It's a balance!
My son and DIL would have my butt in a sling if I even thought about posting pictures of our Grands. No pictures here, none on FB. They’re really protective. You never know who’s lurking around, esp on a public site.

Frozen pizza tonight is on our menu.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son and DIL would have my butt in a sling if I even thought about posting pictures of our Grands. No pictures here, none on FB. They’re really protective. You never know who’s lurking around, esp on a public site.

Frozen pizza tonight is on our menu.
I wonder a lot if I'm doing the right thing or if she'll resent me for putting pictures on the internet. I like being able to share her with my family and friends via Facebook, especially those who live farther away and we don't see.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder a lot if I'm doing the right thing or if she'll resent me for putting pictures on the internet. I like being able to share her with my family and friends via Facebook, especially those who live farther away and we don't see.
I think you are. Better to be too careful IMO. My DD is 26. I would never post a pic of her online without her consent.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was craving a burger and fries,so that was dinner.While shopping awhile back at WalMart they had these everything burger buns that were labeled from Sams Club,so I stuck them in the freezer and tried them today.I have to say...they're pretty darn good!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you just do not care for mac and cheese?? Could be that....
375 temp should have been correct to cook it at.. unless your oven is off... Do you have an oven thermometer?
I love the regular boxed stuff, and some homemade ones. These fancy ones taste weird to me. It's a toaster oven. I noticed stuff doesn't taste good unless I cook at a higher heat.

Lunch: Snack Plate
Dinner: Roasted Potato, Carrot, Onion, Garlic, Olive Oil mix, Aldi Vegetarian Hot Dog, Hot Dog Relish, Ketchup. Yum!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wonder a lot if I'm doing the right thing or if she'll resent me for putting pictures on the internet.
Oh, Darlin, go ahead. Don't post bath pics, or face smeared with food, nor anything that might identify your house on the outside (FB gets hacked so often it's absurd...but you only hear of the ones that might affect your financial information). She's going to resent you when she's a teenager...if not for that, for something else. She'll outgrow it. She will also let you know, about the time she's 15, that she does not know how anyone as stupid as you are can still walk upright. However, by the time she has turned 23 or so, you'lll be amazed at how smart you have gotten - as will she!

Dinner. Dunno yet. Lunch was too many taquitoes, but I feeling VERY sour creamish.

Status
Not open for further replies.