What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night's disrupted plans meant Himself had two hot dogs, each on a bun. Sides were homemade coleslaw (shredded Savoy cabbage dressed with Marie's coleslaw dressing) and boiled baby potatoes with Smart Balance. I don't especially care for hot dogs so I had two toasted English muffins with American cheese.

For dessert I baked individual cobblers with Saturn peaches I'd cut and frozen last summer, topped with a biscuit-y drop dumplings.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Falafel with broccoli and cauliflower for me and a turkey burger for DH with swiss cheese on an onion roll. Honeycrisp apples for both of us. I bought a homemade vegan breakfast bar at the coffee shop where I stopped today and might have it tonight with my apple or save it for tomorrow.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama is right. I wasn't annoyed! Maybe I need to up my emoji game to get across tone better.

I really do have well over a thousand pictures of this child, I'm sure. Cell phones make it so easy. I probably need to cull some of the most similar ones, or move them to another device or something.
I didn't even notice your emoji. I thought you sounded annoyed and maybe you thought I was a pervert or something. I do so enjoy the pictures of all the kids here. I never had any of my own.

We had 13 inches of snow here yesterday. A lot of the staff could not make it in and the staff that was here were doing double shifts and spending the night. I don't think the food truck came in because they seemed to have a shortage of food. This morning they gave me a scrambled egg and 1 piece of toast with no butter or jelly. For dinner they asked me if I wanted tuna. I told them I had my own food I could eat. I had a large corn muffin from Wegmans and some Pacific tomato soup for breakfast and dinner. We are still eating in our rooms.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't even notice your emoji. I thought you sounded annoyed and maybe you thought I was a pervert or something. I do so enjoy the pictures of all the kids here. I never had any of my own
Not at all! I don't put her face on here due to the public nature of the site. I'm trying to give her a little bit of privacy (my Facebook is friends only, so there's a lot more pictures there), but I'll put something up once in a while. It's a balance!

Edit: I had rosemary chicken thighs with roasted winter vegetables.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been feeling under the weather for a couple of days so Mom brought food. First some bland-ish congee and herbal soup when my stomach couldn't handle anything else. Then some fried rice kind of similar to this. More congee with vegetables and meat and vegetable soup.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Considering the cold weather tonight seemed like the right time to get the oven going. Meatloaf was a good choice. Sides were baked potato for Himself, baked sweet potato for Myself. Microwave steamed broccoli too.

My mother had a mantra, "As long as the oven is going I might as well cook . . . " I did a second potato for twice baked potato in the near future. And also an acorn squash - halved, scraped, cut side down with some water in the baking dish. Just before done cooking turn right side up, add some butter and a spoonful of dark brown sugar. Let it sit while we ate. Afterwards, when kitchen was cleaned up, I scraped squash out of rind and packed away in refrigerator. Could become soup, or pancakes, or, why not, just squash.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's a frozen one. I microwave it.
Okay, I ordered it in our Walmart pickup order for tomorrow. We'll see if I get it.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich
Dinner: Vegetarian Hot Dog Sammich with sliced Aldi Vegetarian Hot Dog, Ketchup, Mustard, Relish, Onions, Lettuce, habanero hot sauce on Dad's Homemade bread toasted.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight is a sweet and sour rice and beans. It makes tons, so lots of leftovers for the freezer, and days I don't feel like cooking.

Just remembered I still haven't bought sauerkraut. Not going to the store as often, since Omicron arrived, but did just go this morning, and totally forgot to look for it. Next time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm making chicken parmesan for DH and I'll probably just have lentil vegetable soup for myself. I ended up not eating the vegan breakfast bar yesterday so will have it after the soup, it has all sorts of goodies in it, e.g. peanut butter, coconut, gluten free oats, vegan chocolate, sunflower seeds and honey. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.