What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had quite a bit of baby spinach to use up, and didn't feel like a spinach salad, so made slow cooker lentil vegetable soup, and added the spinach during the last 15 minutes of cooking.

The recipe included bay leaves, which it said to remove before adding the spinach. I didn't, and should have, as of course, the wilted green spinach looked a lot like the bay leaves once they mixed together. I did find and remove the bay leaves without too much difficulty, but guess sometimes recipes have directions for a reason. :lol:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pizza, again. All they had for me was zucchini. I love zucchini but a half cup of zucchini is not worth the hazzel of going to the dinning room to eat. One of the residents was saying that he pays $60,000 a year to live here. He complained to the chief about having to wait an hour and a half for breakfast and the cheif told him if he didn't like it he could cook his own breakfast.

I'm having a problem with the new bus driver. He's been a real jerk to me lately. He's a preacher and I'm an atheist and he does not like me. I'm really thinking of moving somewhere else. I can't get much to eat here and I can't ride the bus to a store to get my own food.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm super curious about what you're actually thinking of! An otter maybe? Sea lion?
Yes, something like those. Like in that movie with the pet one...

I'm really thinking of moving somewhere else. I can't get much to eat here and I can't ride the bus to a store to get my own food.
If you are able to, then I would move. They are neglecting you. It's like they don't even care if you get good nutrition. It makes no sense. That is their job, it's not that hard to provide some protein for you. Hugs.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich
Dinner: Baked Casserole with boxed mac & cheese, ricotta, salsa, eggs, sour cream, onions, garlic, shredded cheese, corn, kidney beans. It was okay. Needs some seasoning on the leftovers.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby had a doctors appointment this morning,had some scripts to pick up and get some cat food while they had it,so not much time to cook today.He decided he wanted a couple of hot dogs with chili and onion and cheese,and I made myself a frito chili pie.Was so good!I think tomorrow night will be the chicken stew and biscuits.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Swedish meatballs with pasta for lunch.
I lived a short drive from a Swedish restaurant growing up and their Swedish meatballs were delicious as were their Swedish pancakes with lingonberries. :yummy:

I think I'm going to make a bowl with brown rice and veggies for dinner since we went shopping yesterday and I have fresh produce.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="maggiedemi, post: 5473836, member: 119711"
If you are able to, then I would move. They are neglecting you. It's like they don't even care if you get good nutrition. It makes no sense. That is their job, it's not that hard to provide some protein for you. Hugs.
[/QUOTE]

I really don't want to move. I pay about $48,000 a year. There are two other AL places in the area but I understand they are more expensive. I would miss a lot of the people here. We are almost like family but there is a limit as to what I will take. The new bus driver is patronzing and condescending towards me and there is no reason for him to treat me like that.

Tonight I had mac and cheese, peas and carrots and a piece of cake.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rice. Ground pork mixed with corn starch, soy sauce, water - well mixed, then shaped into small balls and deep fried. While they were cooking I stir fried shredded Savoy cabbage, asparagus cut small, sliced onions, mushrooms. Scooped nicely browned pork balls out of oil, dropped on top of vegetables. Added a cup of chicken broth with more soy sauce and quickly covered wok. While everything steamed I mixed up a little more corn starch and water. Lid off wok, dribble corn starch solution around edges of everything. Stirred slightly to thicken liquids. And dished up. Nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made haluski last night. It's just bacon or kielbasi or sausage, whatever you have, browned well. A couple diced onions browned in the bacon grease; it's probably the only time I actually use the bacon grease. I used a good slab of chopped cabbage to go in with the mix. Sauteed the cabbage down to where I wanted it....crisp but tender...then added cooked noodles. It's pretty good. You can add dumplings instead of the noodles, if you like. Or even gnocchi. That, along with some yeast rolls, was dinner.

Took some shrimp out of the freezer and put it into the fridge to thaw. Shrimp stir-fry tonight over brown rice.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made haluski last night. It's just bacon or kielbasi or sausage, whatever you have, browned well. A couple diced onions browned in the bacon grease; it's probably the only time I actually use the bacon grease. I used a good slab of chopped cabbage to go in with the mix. Sauteed the cabbage down to where I wanted it....crisp but tender...then added cooked noodles. It's pretty good. You can add dumplings instead of the noodles, if you like. Or even gnocchi. That, along with some yeast rolls, was dinner.

Took some shrimp out of the freezer and put it into the fridge to thaw. Shrimp stir-fry tonight over brown rice.
That sounds delicious! I'm going to have extra cabbage (it's napa - does the type of cabbage matter?) and bacon, so I may need to try this. Do you have a good recipe somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.