Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
kefta kebabs with basmati rice along with pita bread and this garlic paste
Isn't basmati rice wonderful? Not only does it taste good, but your kitchen smells like buttered popcorn while you are cooking it! I adore basmati rice! When I get moved back to Chattanooga, I'll get it from the same Indian grocery store that I used to go to.

I had chicken nuggets with mac and cheese for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All they had for me on the menu was potato chips. I asked if I could have some of the tofu they brought from the food truck the other day. They said they didn't have any so I went upstairs and got my own tofu and asked them to cook it for me. They stir fried the tofu with green peppers, onions and tomatos. I guess I'm going to have to go back to buying my own protein and vegetables and cook them in my room.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I don't even know what to say to your post. Potato chips? Seriously? You need to contact somebody about your meals. You're paying to live there and that should include nutritious foods, even for vegetarians. This is very wrong.

Sweet and sour pork over a bed of brown rice. Got the pork out of the freezer yesterday. It's been ages since I made it and we're ready!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
muffy muffy I don't even know what to say to your post. Potato chips? Seriously? You need to contact somebody about your meals. You're paying to live there and that should include nutritious foods, even for vegetarians. This is very wrong.

Sweet and sour pork over a bed of brown rice. Got the pork out of the freezer yesterday. It's been ages since I made it and we're ready!
Agreed. Most restaurants have vegetarian meals and you don't even have to pay extra or pay to live there :(
I think I'm going to do another stir fry. It's quick and easy at least.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lentil vegetable soup with a side salad of power greens. DH finished the TJ's lasagna he had several days ago also with a side salad. I had dark chocolate almond butter cups and DH had dark chocolate peanut butter cups plus honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had that stir fry with some leftover steak and it was VERY good!
As expensive as food is getting, I got 2 shoulder roasts at the store yesterday as a BOGO. I can cut them up into 4 pieces each and sear them like steaks. I figured I got 8 cheap steaks for 15 bucks, that's not bad at all.
I have some stew meat set out and will have that with zuchinni, onions, and peppers tomorrow. :yummy:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed. Most restaurants have vegetarian meals and you don't even have to pay extra or pay to live there :(
I tend to exaggate. On the menu everything had meat accept for the potato chips. I could have asked for a salad, grilled cheese or a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. They rarely have the ingredients for a salad anymore because of the shortages, and a grilled cheese is ok but they are greasy and are high in calories. I don't want one every day.

Everyone complains about the food here. I've compained to the director several times buy mostly nothing changes. Sometimes they have a good vegetarian meal but mostly it's just carbs.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day today...doctors appointment and grocery shopping,so a late lunch.He wanted a piece of cornbread for dinner and I had a brat with onions and sauerkraut.Let me say...if anyone is a fan of sauerkraut,if you haven't tried the german style they have at Aldi's,you're missing out.It is so delicious!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Let me say...if anyone is a fan of sauerkraut,if you haven't tried the german style they have at Aldi's,you're missing out.It is so delicious!
Thanks, I'll have to remember that the next time I go to Aldi's. :thanks:

I had veggie fried rice with spinach and falafel. It may sound like a weird combination but I loved it. 😋 DH had chicken kiev with wild rice and a salad. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.