What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I always think grilled cheese needs something with it, like soup, or at least hot sauce or ketchup.
I use ketchup on grilled cheese when I don't have any soup. I thought I was the only one that did that.

Beef burger patties with carrot fries and arugula salad.

J threw most of hers on the floor, but she's been doing that a lot in general lately.
She was right to throw the arugula on the floor.

For dinner I had a large portion of brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. It was good but I only ate a little of the potatoes. I need to cut back on the carbs.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One pot chicken and rice tonight.
LOL...I misread that as "our pet" chicken, and thought...NOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOO!!! Then reread. I'm far happier now.

I remember once reading someone here say they could just buy a stalk or 2 or celery.
I certainly remember saying on here once. Perhaps that's what you remember. I ONLY use celery for dressing, and I HATE buying an entire bunch. I've taken to using celery salt, and it just isn't the same. I loath throwing out food with a passion!

Tonight's lunch was meatloaf, diced potatoes and corn. Not bad. There's one meal left, so supper will be chicken with brown rice and mushroom gravy, and green beans. Tomorrow I'll put in an Instacart order. Maybe make chili. Still not sure. Depends on my energy levels earlier in the evening.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I certainly remember saying on here once. Perhaps that's what you remember. I ONLY use celery for dressing, and I HATE buying an entire bunch. I've taken to using celery salt, and it just isn't the same. I loath throwing out food with a passion!
I use celery for soups and stir fries and chopped up in egg or chickpea salad sandwiches, and with hummus, but it's still almost impossible to use an entire bunch before it loses its crispness. I also loath throwing out food, but even with careful planning, more food than I'd like ends up in the green bin.

Don't know what I'm having tonight. Maybe pasta. :dunno:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Wrap your celery in foil; you'd be surprised how much longer it will last for you. And when it does go limp, throw it in a glass of water for a bit and it will crisp. Maybe not as crisp as before, but better than limp.

Last night's dinner was so good. We had the lasagna from the freezer. We got it out of the freezer Thursday night and, on Friday, I put it on the counter for a bit to help thaw. An hour in the oven, ten minutes wrapped in foil to stand a bit, and dinner was served. We gave my sister and BIL a good portion and some bread. Sister got cake and BIL got cheesecake. That's dinner for them tonight.

And for us, too. Yum. We kept the broccoli and cauliflower coleslaw. Yum again. I love coleslaw.

(And last night when my sister left, she said, "You don't need no stinkin' CC! This cake is great!" CC is the local bakery that no longer does cakes to order. I think I'm going to just make my own coconut cake. It really was good.)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was right to throw the arugula on the floor
Lol, arugula is a little much. It's so peppery tasting.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Wrap your celery in foil; you'd be surprised how much longer it will last for you. And when it does go limp, throw it in a glass of water for a bit and it will crisp. Maybe not as crisp as before, but better than limp
I'm going to try and remember this!

Ugh, J's had bad diapers ever since the salmon. She's a little congested and also possibly teething, but I think I'm going to have to try it again and if it happens again assume she hasn't outgrown her intolerance. But if it's just salmon and other fish is okay, that wouldn't be too bad.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL...I misread that as "our pet" chicken, and thought...NOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOO!!! Then reread. I'm far happier now.

:lol:

I have leftovers for dinner. I gave mom the leftover 3 carrots from the bag and the remaining half of the diced celery. She can use it more than I can.

I read an article once where the person said that if you need just a small amount of veggies and buying a whole veggie or a bagful is an expensive waste, just go go the salad bar at a supermarket and fill a container with what you need.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:

I have leftovers for dinner. I gave mom the leftover 3 carrots from the bag and the remaining half of the diced celery. She can use it more than I can.

I read an article once where the person said that if you need just a small amount of veggies and buying a whole veggie or a bagful is an expensive waste, just go go the salad bar at a supermarket and fill a container with what you need.

[/URL]
[/URL]
Love this idea! I think a lot of salad bars have been closed due to covid, but I'm going to look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.