What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All they had to offer me tonight was 1/2 cup of green beans.
That's a disgrace! They aren't even trying. The dinner you made sounds good though.

Made roasted salmon and asparagus. No hives!
Yay! How did J like the asparagus? I love it.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's Homemade Bread toasted, Lettuce, Celery, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Cucumbers, Target Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips, 1 Slice Muenster Cheese, 3TB Mayo, 1Tsp Sriracha Sauce, Australian Vegemite. Good, but I missed the Sliced Almonds I put on last time!

Dinner: Taco Salad made with a can of Eden Spanish Rice. It was okay, but I expected it to be more flavorful since it has the spices in it, but I couldn't taste them. Definitely underspiced. I liked the one I made last time with a can of chili better. I added Sour Cream, Guacamole, Hot Salsa, Shredded Cheese,Target Organic Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips. The Spanish Rice had brown rice, pinto beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices. Pic below.

1642731038898.png

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! How did J like the asparagus? I love it.
I love asparagus, too, but J wasn't feeling it today. She ate a couple small pieces, a few small pieces of the salmon, and then later on a bunch of her fake Cheerios. She's been signing for nursing all day and was up crying a few times last night so idk, maybe this time she's teething (seems like every time I think she is, she's not, so 🤷‍♀️). I'm not worried about it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is hubby's 76th birthday,so one of his favorite dinners is in the oven...roasted chicken and homemade dressing.I'll cook some baby lima beans and butter them,heat up a few brioche rolls and we'll have carrot cake for his dessert.Gonna be delish!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a disgrace! They aren't even trying.
I could of gotten a grilled cheese but the last two I had were very greasy and I only like them when I have tomato or vegetable soup to dip it in.

Tonight I had fries and coleslaw for dinner. I only went down to eat because I like their coleslaw. I'm really getting tired of potatoes with every meal. We rarely have rice any more.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could of gotten a grilled cheese but the last two I had were very greasy and I only like them when I have tomato or vegetable soup to dip it in.
Yeah, I always think grilled cheese needs something with it, like soup, or at least hot sauce or ketchup.

Lunch: 2 Gluten Free Pancakes, 1 Diced Pear Fruit Cup, 2TB Maple Syrup, 1TB Butter

Dinner: Egg & Cheese Omelet, 1 Slice of Dad's Homemade Bread, Hunt's Ketchup

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today is hubby's 76th birthday,so one of his favorite dinners is in the oven.
Happy 76th Birthday to your hubby! :celebrate::bday: I love carrot cake, did you bake it yourself?

I had a garbanzo cake sandwich on 12 grain bread with whipped red pepper hummus, tomato, zucchini, spinach leaves and swiss cheese for dinner. DH had a turkey burger sandwich with swiss cheese and baked potato. He actually asked if he could taste the hummus and I was pleasantly surprised when he said he liked it. :thumbsup: Honeycrisp apples for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy 76th Birthday to your hubby! :celebrate::bday: I love carrot cake, did you bake it yourself?

I had a garbanzo cake sandwich on 12 grain bread with whipped red pepper hummus, tomato, zucchini, spinach leaves and swiss cheese for dinner. DH had a turkey burger sandwich with swiss cheese and baked potato. He actually asked if he could taste the hummus and I was pleasantly surprised when he said he liked it. :thumbsup: Honeycrisp apples for dessert.
Yes I did.We have a family favorite,which is Paula Deen's recipe,with a white chocolate/cream cheese frosting.To die for!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For lunch, a barbecues beef patty, which I ate on a piece of whole wheat bread, and corn. Supper is whatever is next on the pile. Sunday is Instacart day, if they can drive in this. If not, I'll break into the rather nasty Hormel Completes and ramen soups that I keep on hand for emergencies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't posted in this thread for a few days, but have just been having easy dinners, like soup. Last night was one of my rice and beans from the freezer. Not sure about tonight, as usual.

Today is hubby's 76th birthday,so one of his favorite dinners is in the oven...roasted chicken and homemade dressing.I'll cook some baby lima beans and butter them,heat up a few brioche rolls and we'll have carrot cake for his dessert.Gonna be delish!
Happy belated Birthday to your hubby. :bday:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One pot chicken and rice tonight. It's for recipes like this that makes me really miss the now closed independent market. I could buy a single carrot if I wanted to. Now I have to buy a whole bag from the supermarket and I have no idea what to do with all the carrots.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One pot chicken and rice tonight. It's for recipes like this that makes me really miss the now closed independent market. I could buy a single carrot if I wanted to. Now I have to buy a whole bag from the supermarket and I have no idea what to do with all the carrots.
Your supermarket doesn't have bulk buying? I've always been able to buy just one or two carrots or potatoes at Jewel (Albertsons) and Meijer, and usually Marianos (Kroger).

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Only for things like fruit and some root vegetables like onions. If you want a carrot, you have to buy a 1 lb bag. There's no containers of diced carrots, just for onion and celery and a mirepoix mix that has like a tablespoon of teeny diced mushy carrots.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Only for things like fruit and some root vegetables like onions. If you want a carrot, you have to buy a 1 lb bag. There's no containers of diced carrots, just for onion and celery and a mirepoix mix that has like a tablespoon of teeny diced mushy carrots.
It's like that here too. Although I think the smallest bag of carrots is 2 lbs. I can buy single potatoes, but 1 potato can cost almost as much as a bag, especially if the bag is on sale. Also can buy single onions, but only the fancy ones, like red onions, not the regular ones like are in bags. We also have some containers of chopped veggies, but they also would be more expensive, as you pay a premium for the preparation.

I remember once reading someone here say they could just buy a stalk or 2 or celery. Not here, we have to buy the whole bunch, unless you buy more expensive pre-chopped containers.

Grocery stores can be frustrating for single people. And don't get me started on multi-item deals, where the "deal" is 2 for $5, but $2.99 if you only buy one. :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.