What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hurricane Fiona tracked up along the shore, heading for Canada's eastern shore. Today was rather chilly and windy. Wonderful weather for cooking!

I made pot roast with potatoes and carrots and tiny onions. Didn't have any red wine open so used my fallback - red vermouth.
View attachment 432269

And since the oven was on I made a blitz kuchen with Italian blue plums and streusel
View attachment 432268
Half the recipe made two small cakes, this size.

Lovely dinner if I say so myself. Actually, Himself said so too, so not just myself, it was unaminous.
That looks wonderful!! And yeah, that chilly, rainy and windy weather is GREAT for being in the kitchen. When it's hot and humid, I'm too lazy to open a popsicle, but when the weather turns suddenly I'm Gordon Ramsay. :crazy:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork Chili Colorado.
Never made it before, so I’m completely winging it. ☺
My process goes something like; hmmm, letsee… cubed pork, chili spice, cumin, smokey paprika, errrmmm, onion, fresno chili, fresh garlic, black pepper, can tomatoes, sm can green chilies…. Oh what the heck, toss in some cinnamon

We’ll see how it turns out.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband isn't feeling hot and napping, so J and I went to a park and picked up That on the way home. Crab rangoon, bbq pork pad Thai, and an extra container of plain wide noodles for J just in case she wasn't feeling the pad Thai.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I anticipated, I did make hash: coarsely diced leftover pot roast and potatoes but just sliced left over carrots before adding all together and plopping in cast iron frying pan to heat and crisp up somewhat. Made braised cabbage for our side dish.

Warmed two servings of yesterday's blitz kuchen with plums, dolloped a scoop of vanilla ice cream on each, and called it yummy.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pizza. This one. It's imported from Italy and so good. Way better than the NO regular frozen pizzas. I think you'd love it Lari Lari . It has NO tomatoes at all on it.

View attachment 432363
I absolutely love Newman's Own products. He has an awesome line of pretty much everything! (So does Bobs Red Mill, I highly recommend his shortbread cookie mix.) I have never seen that particular pizza though, and it looks delicious.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I absolutely love Newman's Own products. He has an awesome line of pretty much everything! (So does Bobs Red Mill, I highly recommend his shortbread cookie mix.) I have never seen that particular pizza though, and it looks delicious.
I like the Newman's Own line too. These pizzas are new and really good. I tried the margherita pizza too and it's also excellent.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And I was just at the grocery yesterday! I'm going to look around next time and see if I can find me a few of these. Thank you for mentioning them!
I hope you find it. I had one in the freezer for Saturday's dinner and bought another one to replace it. The crust is what makes it so good.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to a favorite Korean vegan restaurant for a late lunch. I had Maha Pyogo so I'll only have a bowl of soup for dinn
You're so lucky to have so many wonderful resturants to go to. I've been a vegetarian for 63 years and have never been able to find a vegan or vegetarian resturant I could eat at. We went to lunch last week and in the same parking lot I saw a sign for a vegetarian resturant but when we got closer I saw that it was out of business.

Last night they gave us 2 small slices of pizza, a 1/4 cup of overcooked vegetables and a 1\4 cup of salad with iceberg lettuce, a cut up thin slice of cucumber, a tiny piece of tomato and 4 slivers of cheese with no dressing. I just ate the pizza without the crust. I passed on the salad and vegetables.

At 2:00 they had a chilli bar. I love chilli but didn't go because I don't eat meat. Someone told me that they had 3 kinds of chilli and one of them was vegetarian. I wish someone would have told me. Since I am the only vegetarian here I did not think they would have had vegetarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.